Sport vs self defense.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I googled him. Nothing but this video comes up. So how about you just share all of this **** you claim to have for all to see instead of making a big stage show out of it.
Try harder. The guy is a registered criminal offender whose insane origin story is unworthy of the MT community.

I only even mentioned it because it was my last memory of Icy Mike (punching a crazy criminal psycho on camera), and somebody said "hey, whaddya think about....".

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS: Fraudbusting is not allowed on this site, along with any similar claims discrediting other martial artists. Please keep that in mind when posting/requesting evidence from other posters.

Thank you,

Martialtalk Moderator
William H.
@Monkey Turned Wolf

OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Try harder. The guy is a registered criminal offender whose insane origin story is unworthy of the MT community.

I only even mentioned it because it was my last memory of Icy Mike (punching a crazy criminal psycho on camera), and somebody said "hey, whaddya think about....".
Do you understand how algorithms work? There’s billions possibly trillions of things on google, and you haven’t even told me which person it is since apparently it wasn’t ninja Ron.
So again put up or shut up.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you understand how algorithms work? There’s billions possibly trillions of things on google, and you haven’t even told me which person it is since apparently it wasn’t ninja Ron.
So again put up or shut up.
I understand that you are in the dark.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS: Fraudbusting is not allowed on this site, along with any similar claims discrediting other martial artists. Please keep that in mind when posting/requesting evidence from other posters.

Thank you,

Martialtalk Moderator
William H.
@Monkey Turned Wolf
This is why I was cautious before about posting challenge videos.

I feel reposting these videos violates the privacy rights of people who are not right in the head.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I feel reposting these videos violates the privacy rights of people who are not right in the head.
It's not a violation of privacy if they've already posted it to youtube. They put it out into the public.

However, if you know that the evidence of a claim is against the rules, then maybe just don't make the claim in the first place? And especially don't have such a high horse about how much you supposedly know about this very specific situation.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's not a violation of privacy if they've already posted it to youtube. They put it out into the public.

However, if you know that the evidence of a claim is against the rules, then maybe just don't make the claim in the first place? And especially don't have such a high horse about how much you supposedly know about this very specific situation.
I'm talking about me, reposting. Not them. Sometimes, just don't.

Everything I've claimed is supported by the legal system. Search function!!!

High horse? I'd ask you why you're so concerned but was just reminded fraudbusting is off limits.

Glad we see eye to eye now, though.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There are 3 Icy Mike's fights for Streetbeefs on youtube:
Ninja Ron:

Corey Guns:

Tha Dragon:

OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score

They said nothing about fight videos. You’re making claims about a martial artist, and apparently that’s not allowed for some stupid reason

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
They said nothing about fight videos. You’re making claims about a martial artist, and apparently that’s not allowed for some stupid reason
Well, the only claim I made is that Icy Mike once beat up Ron Collins on camera, and Ron Collins is a well documented criminal convict, mental patient, stalker, and online troll (and Stolen Valor guy iirc, he used to post on forums like MT, but devoted to special operators...and they caught him).

Consent is a tricky thing when dealing with people with serious mental health issues. I'm not a medical doctor but when I saw that particular fight (and I've seen many) it didn't feel right. Even knowing Ron Collins' background, I wanted to somehow warn Mike and even considered contacting law enforcement (for reasons that will be clear if you research Collins even a little, but it has to do with illegal firearm possession).

I've got nothing against Icy Mike, I just think in his quest to "street beef" he needs to be more careful with who he lets in. A lot of these goofy little backyard or parking lot battles are forgettable. And IMHO they should be avoided because they sometimes attract crazy, dangerous people.

I don't view this info as "fraudbusting" because Collins is already a well known con, and this sort of thing should be open for discussion. But I like to play by the rules here, so I tread carefully, assuming people can go read Google on their own if they really want to see inside the mind of an insane Internet Ninja.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Street beefs" really? People really do this sort of childish, macho BS?
It's ridiculous.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Street beefs" really? People really do this sort of childish, macho BS?
It's ridiculous.
So there is a TOS rule against forum warring, and again treading lightly, but some forums where martial artist congregate actually encourage this sort of meet and bang. Won't name the forums but I'm sure some people know.

When done in the friendly spirit of open competition, this is great!! Networks of cool people sharing MA have emerged. Actually Icy Mike pointed out his fight with Dragon ended with them friending up. And he's generally a nice guy, IMHO, if somewhat full of himself on camera (everyone needs a gimmick).

Sadly though there are many instances out there of people arguing and posturing online before they meet, and it rarely ends well. Talk about drama, I have seen these types of fights turn into YEARS of Internet drama, more fighting, and other general stupid.

A few of these though have left me worried for the health and safety of one or both of the participants. This was one of those.

OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, the only claim I made is that Icy Mike once beat up Ron Collins on camera, and Ron Collins is a well documented criminal convict, mental patient, stalker, and online troll (and Stolen Valor guy iirc, he used to post on forums like MT, but devoted to special operators...and they caught him).

Consent is a tricky thing when dealing with people with serious mental health issues. I'm not a medical doctor but when I saw that particular fight (and I've seen many) it didn't feel right. Even knowing Ron Collins' background, I wanted to somehow warn Mike and even considered contacting law enforcement (for reasons that will be clear if you research Collins even a little, but it has to do with illegal firearm possession).

I've got nothing against Icy Mike, I just think in his quest to "street beef" he needs to be more careful with who he lets in. A lot of these goofy little backyard or parking lot battles are forgettable. And IMHO they should be avoided because they sometimes attract crazy, dangerous people.

I don't view this info as "fraudbusting" because Collins is already a well known con, and this sort of thing should be open for discussion. But I like to play by the rules here, so I tread carefully, assuming people can go read Google on their own if they really want to see inside the mind of an insane Internet Ninja.
What does ‘mental patient’ even mean to you? Consent is not tricky. Has he been. Legally adjudicated as being incompetent? No? Then consent is very straight forward.

The CDC says more than 50% of americans will have mental health issues, so that’s a poor argument

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
What does ‘mental patient’ even mean to you? Consent is not tricky. Has he been. Legally adjudicated as being incompetent? No? Then consent is very straight forward.

The CDC says more than 50% of americans will have mental health issues, so that’s a poor argument
You're still missing the point.

Ron Collins is a previously convicted sex offender and online predator, with a heavily documented online history of butting heads with law enforcement, AND online martial arts personalities. Icy Mike is just one.

So to me in this case "mental patient" means something very specific. That general random statistic doesn't really matter here.

Online predator, with a rap sheet, including illegal gun possession, hunting down other martial artists with a beef, and you think it's a joke or something? Do I really need to start sending you Ron Collins videos for you to get it?

I refuse to post them openly here. As I said before, MT is too good a place.

OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
You're still missing the point.

Ron Collins is a previously convicted sex offender and online predator, with a heavily documented online history of butting heads with law enforcement, AND online martial arts personalities. Icy Mike is just one.

So to me in this case "mental patient" means something very specific. That general random statistic doesn't really matter here.

Online predator, with a rap sheet, including illegal gun possession, hunting down other martial artists with a beef, and you think it's a joke or something? Do I really need to start sending you Ron Collins videos for you to get it?

I refuse to post them openly here. As I said before, MT is too good a place.
So you refuse to provide evidence of your claims. Go figure.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you refuse to provide evidence of your claims. Go figure.
Did I?

Should I post mugshots on MT, to appease your lust? Criminal charges, convictions, countless encounters with law enforcement.

Would you like some links to the special ops forum? Conspiracy rants filmed while driving motor vehicles targeting West Virginia State Police? Threats of violence, retribution, vengeance?

Maybe you should just move along. You're a bit too eager to look into the mind of a seriously deranged man.

Fine. Here's a bit to help you out if that's the case. Look into Ron vs. Don (ninjas both). And leave me alone about this going forward, please. It was disturbing enough the first time I witnessed it.

Last edited:

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Watch this video in full, if you really want to know how unaware Icy Mike was. He makes a comment about the sketchy location. He has no idea who he's fighting with (criminal predator).

He's worried about how the web took him not touching gloves, so he made this reaction video. It's so naive, it'd be cute if it wasn't deadly serious stuff.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting segue.
Watch this video in full, if you really want to know how unaware Icy Mike was. He makes a comment about the sketchy location. He has no idea who he's fighting with (criminal predator).

He's worried about how the web took him not touching gloves, so he made this reaction video. It's so naive, it'd be cute if it wasn't deadly serious stuff.

And consider the sport vs. self defense implications of this.

What if your sparring/throwdown partner is a deranged loon?

Latest Discussions