Some actual fighting

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
wow.. that's some mean fighting. The head butts followed by a strike, I bet people hated to fight that guy. Not sure why they are fighting with hand wraps. Seriously after watching all of the other stuff they were doing, might has well just make it bare knuckle no wraps. lol

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they were the best bare knuckle fighters in the world, best at the style they do but there's a lot of very good, hard bare knuckle boxers around who follow in the steps of Lenny McClean and the seriously scary Charlie Bronson. There's still very good bare knuckle boxers fighting, I've seen a few of them, they are seriously skilled and ruthless.

OP
G

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ot sure why they are fighting with hand wraps. Seriously after watching all of the other stuff they were doing, might has well just make it bare knuckle no wraps. lol

The wraps are to preserve their hands

OP
G

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
here's a lot of very good, hard bare knuckle boxers around who follow in the steps of Lenny McClean

Personally I think these guys are better. Lighter but a lot more skilled.

MT is a good bare handed method. Bare hands are why it looks the way it does.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lethwei is not Muay Thai. They've got similarities and overlap, and lethwei is getting a lot of attention lately -- but it's not the same as Muay Thai. To begin with -- it's from Myanmar (Burma), not Thailand. :) Muay Thai typically doesn't include headbutts, either.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The wraps are to preserve their hands
preserve the hands but smash the face. So while their face is busted up their hands are still good. lol. That's why I say they might as well just take the wraps off since they are punishing everything else.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I think these guys are better. Lighter but a lot more skilled.

MT is a good bare handed method. Bare hands are why it looks the way it does.

Well, if hands are wrapped it's not 'bare knuckle' lol.

How much bare knuckle fighting have you seen? Not on video but in person?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
preserve the hands but smash the face. So while their face is busted up their hands are still good. lol. That's why I say they might as well just take the wraps off since they are punishing everything else.
Protecting the hands means they can smash the opponent's face that much harder. More hand protection = more knockouts. Not great from the standpoint of fighter health, but the fans probably like it.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a mo there before clicking, I thought it was going to be a kick **** Wing Chun vid. Anyway, the fighter from 0:39, was that a pre fight ritual?, or just a attempted psych up to the opponent.

Latest Discussions