Masters fighting?????????

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What is up with this?

I see some moves that remind me of Choy Lee Fut. Overall though they seem to do many bad things like not having their arms up but just letting them lay at their sides. I see them turning their backs to the opponent which is also bad to do while fighting. Amateur martial artist can spar better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im sorry but that looked more like two kindergarden kids pinching it out

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's Bok Hok... White Crane. They use very large swinging punches that are similar to CLF.

garion

White Belt
Reaction score
What is up with this?

I see some moves that remind me of Choy Lee Fut. Overall though they seem to do many bad things like not having their arms up but just letting them lay at their sides. I see them turning their backs to the opponent which is also bad to do while fighting. Amateur martial artist can spar better than that.

It's Bok Hok... White Crane. They use very large swinging punches that are similar to CLF.

the older fighter is a wu tai chi master. even though the techniques he uses resembles bok hok, choy lee fut, pek kwa, or some other long armed style rather than tai chi.

Last edited by a moderator:

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the older fighter is a wu tai chi master. even though the techniques he uses resembles bok hok, choy lee fut, pek kwa, or some other long armed style rather than tai chi.

But the other guy was a bak hok player.

OP
Ram

Ram

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I guess no matter who they are they suck. I wonder if that was thier first full contact match?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
They surely didn't look like the Gung Fu movies I grew up watching. ;)

(Yes, I know movies are just movies...)

and they sure didn't look like they were doing much blocking.

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, this is a match in Macau in 1954 - I have seen this video posted before. The older guy is a "master" in Wu style Tai Chi and the younger guy challenged him and they had their fight in a ring. Good CMA is definately better than this, because I have seen other videos of fights from this era and they did not look this poor. However, it is a good illustration of the decline of fighting skills and the dissasociation in the last 80 or so years between fighting ability and students.