Solid Stances

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you mean "reference points"?

marlon

An example would be the point in a technique when a strike has been delivered. At the "end point" of that execution, if a snapshot were taken of your position, you would be in a particular stance.

Right before that, and right after that, you would not. The stances are points in time, and points of application, which ties application to timing.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
An example would be the point in a technique when a strike has been delivered. At the "end point" of that execution, if a snapshot were taken of your position, you would be in a particular stance.

Right before that, and right after that, you would not. The stances are points in time, and points of application, which ties application to timing.
I agree.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score

Dam , that was good.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

yes thank you! that is where i would see the stance also i tried to say something like this earlier and it came out as gibberish to some and definitely lacked clarity. excellent point!!

marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

So you must apply this to your forms. Do you see when peopel are not applyuing this to thier forms. to my thinking it would change almost everything for some people in how they do thier forms. as a reference point it would also lead one to discover what the form is intending as application, no? the would this 'fix' application or would you simply change the reference point to show a different application?

Respectfully,
Marlon

Latest Discussions