SKK: San Diego Area

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
On many threads in this forum, I read the input from many SKK Masters and Black Belts in general, however, I don't seem to recall many being from the San Diego area.

Also in another thread, there was talk of SKK BBs getting together on the East Coast for a workout, or monthly workouts. I wouldn't mind trying to put together something like that in the San Diego area, but I have no idea what others might think, so here is a thread asking the question.

1) Are you from the San Diego area?
2) Are you an independent SKK style or a large organization?
3) Would you be interested in meeting other San Diego area black belts form various schools?
4) Would you be interested in working out, sharing ideas with other San Diego area black belts?

If there is any interest, I would be willing to put together some sort of event. If you do not for some reason want to respond to this thread, you can always PM. Also, as a side note, negative and positive responses, PMs are welcome.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
On many threads in this forum, I read the input from many SKK Masters and Black Belts in general, however, I don't seem to recall many being from the San Diego area.

Also in another thread, there was talk of SKK BBs getting together on the East Coast for a workout, or monthly workouts. I wouldn't mind trying to put together something like that in the San Diego area, but I have no idea what others might think, so here is a thread asking the question.

1) Are you from the San Diego area?
2) Are you an independent SKK style or a large organization?
3) Would you be interested in meeting other San Diego area black belts form various schools?
4) Would you be interested in working out, sharing ideas with other San Diego area black belts?

If there is any interest, I would be willing to put together some sort of event. If you do not for some reason want to respond to this thread, you can always PM. Also, as a side note, negative and positive responses, PMs are welcome.

check out golden leoopard kempo. chief instructor Bryan Bagnas with some good connections with kempo masters. He is a good man and a very good amrtial artist

marlon

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
check out golden leoopard kempo. chief instructor Bryan Bagnas with some good connections with kempo masters. He is a good man and a very good amrtial artist

marlon

Will do ... the response here and elsewhere certainly shows the amount of animosity between kempo people on the West Coast. It seems that nobody wants to talk to the next guy. Could this all be stemming from the 1988 debacle? I would bet that a lot of it is. Well, myself and my instructor are not that type of person, live and let live. People should brush the chip off their shoulder and move on, it's been 20+ years. What a way to live.

There's my rant, I'll look up the person you mention and see if I can get in contact ... thanks Marlon!

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ok, I feel dumb for asking, but what happened in 1988?

We are not going to get into that on this thread, everytime it is brought up, threads get locked down ... LOL ... let me just say, "Villari/Mattera" ... nuff said, the end.

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Very surprising that there is no SKK guys in the San Diego area on this forum. Or maybe that is just none without a chip on their shoulder or ego.

Oh well, I tried. I got in touch with a couple, one SKK and another in KGS, so it may be all worth it anyway.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very surprising that there is no SKK guys in the San Diego area on this forum. Or maybe that is just none without a chip on their shoulder or ego.

Oh well, I tried. I got in touch with a couple, one SKK and another in KGS, so it may be all worth it anyway.

Sorry 14 but you know the whole attitude thing gets in the way alot.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score

Anytime you come to the Boston area you call on me....I'd be glad to get together and workout.....
Hey...maybe you could move to the East Coast (lol).....
enjoy the day!
j,

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anytime you come to the Boston area you call on me....I'd be glad to get together and workout.....
Hey...maybe you could move to the East Coast (lol).....
enjoy the day!
j,

I do have family there, Rhode Island and Massachusetts, but having four seasons would probably put me into a state of shock.