So our Facebook post blew up in to a massive troll fest.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey man, this exact vid actually popped up randomly in my suggested videos on FB the other day haha, yeah I noticed the trolling, wow was crazy... but she did really well, especially for a first fight. Huge props to actually jump in there. Your club sounds really supportive and encouraging too, great to see

Last edited:

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Troll- a derogatory statement a person uses, when one disagrees with their stance.

At least that is MY definition.

But, she looked good for it being her first fight. I don't think she was mentally prepared for it though

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Troll- a derogatory statement a person uses, when one disagrees with their stance.

But, she looked good for it being her first fight. I don't think she was mentally prepared for it though

Sigh..........

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

You know...the vast majority of the time this is bang on. The actual definition is someone that contributes solely to get an emotional response, but these days all that takes is for someone to dare to disagree.

Welcome to the outrage generation lol

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know...the vast majority of the time this is bang on. The actual definition is someone that contributes solely to get an emotional response, but these days all that takes is for someone to dare to disagree.

Welcome to the outrage generation lol

Yeah. It gets dropped instead of the N bomb basically.

I was more commenting on the couch expert. "She wasn't mentally prepared " from someone who may have never had to mentally prepare someone to fight.

Which was the bulk of the dumb comments on the Facebook thread itself.

The others being something like. "She is cute. I am like super creepy. Do you think she will be in to that?"

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Comments like that are no fun. Looked good to me, I wish her luck in her future fights.

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was more commenting on the couch expert. "She wasn't mentally prepared " from someone who may have never had to mentally prepare someone to fight.
Only for real ones, this couch expert understands, that anything else...is for entertainment..

It is obvious, that she wasn't prepared mentally...but this is sport so it's really not that important. No real danger for her, so not important.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Only for real ones, this couch expert understands, that anything else...is for entertainment..

It is obvious, that she wasn't prepared mentally...but this is sport so it's really not that important. No real danger for her, so not important.

Well obvious to a street fighter. But for the rest of us. Please explain how you came to that conclusion?

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well obvious to a street fighter. But for the rest of us. Please explain how you came to that conclusion?
Look at her eyes before the match even started, she already had a blank stare. Then during the fight, you could see it in her body language. She was too jittery she wasn't ready.

Also, although it is true I was a street fighter, in the beginning that is, I now have trained in various arts for 35 yrs.

But you say 'Street fighter' as if it's derogatory. In a bad situation...I would pick an experienced street fighter, as a partner, in a fight situation long before I would a competitive fighter.

Seen both and have experience with both, they are two different animals.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look at her eyes before the match even started, she already had a blank stare. Then during the fight, you could see it in her body language. She was too jittery she wasn't ready.

Also, although it is true I was a street fighter, in the beginning that is, I now have trained in various arts for 35 yrs.

But you say 'Street fighter' as if it's derogatory. In a bad situation...I would pick an experienced street fighter, as a partner, in a fight situation long before I would a competitive fighter.

Seen both and have experience with both, they are two different animals.

Yeah. The streetfighter thing is so common in sports that they are basically a running joke.

They don't do well when the other guy has any skill generally.

I think nerves during a fight isn't exactly uncommon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-074448_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210618-074448_Google.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 69

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeah. The streetfighter thing is so common in sports that they are basically a running joke.

They don't do well when the other guy has any skill generally.

I think nerves during a fight isn't exactly uncommonn

Meh just simply a lack of real world experience. Be careful and my advice...

Stick with your sport. You will be safe.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Stick with your sport. You will be safe.

Definitely safe from street fighters. They don't do well at all against trained guys.

I still never understood why some people think they have a monopoly on street fights. As if every other member of the community has basically the same chance of getting in to one.

I mean I found out a guy I know from gell blasting ( one of the nerdiest sports ever.) Was a tent boxer. (One of the hardest professions ever)

But some guy does some street system somewhere. Mabye punches a drunk dude when he is not looking and thinks he owns real world combat.

It's weird.

Last edited:

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Definitely safe from street fighters. They don't do well at all against trained guys.

I still never understood why some people think they have a monopoly on street fights. As if every other member of the community has basically the same chance of getting in to one.

I mean I found out a guy I know from gell blasting ( one of the nerdiest sports ever.) Was a tent boxer. (One of the hardest professions ever)

But some guy does some street system somewhere. Mabye punches a drunk dude when he is not looking and thinks he owns real world combat.

It's weird.
Street System...wow, that's not even a real thing.
But you can tell by people's comments, what their real experience is.

Really, there is no reason for you and I to continue this conversation.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
OMG girls fighting each other, the horror! And then the typical armchair warriors critique of a fighter's first fight. F em.
If women are fighting, shouldn't the round card carrier look like Dwayne Johnson or something?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look at her eyes before the match even started, she already had a blank stare
That's the blank stare of fearlessness, a clear sign she's not only ready to fight, but to die if necessary.

Anyone gloving up in a combat arena has the same mentality, or they are not prepared.

She was amazing! Don't feel so intimidated by her greatness.

Latest Discussions