Slainte (cheers) from PA!

SouthPaw

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
'Lo,

My name is Amy, I am from Pennsylvania. Long time fan/ avid reader of martial arts philosophies-- I've just begun practicing tae kwon do; I've gotten to yellow belt but had to leave my dojo (money and travel.. I will get to that later). I plan to continue training at home as my boyfriend is enrolling at Dover Dragons Tae Kwon Do in hopes to re-enter tournaments. He's practiced JKD for 15+ years but for past 3 years life got in the way.

I'm aiming to get a good basic understanding of martial arts attaining blakc belt in Tae Kwon Do eventually. The art I'm most passionate about is kung fu/JKD (had some influence :).. when I get to a place where I can explore the different styles I will. Tai chi is also a love for me-- qigong FASCINATES me and I am on my way to adopting the lifestyle.

I will be travelling the country later this year and so am refraining from joining a new dojo. I hope to meet and get to know as many people as I can as I intend to visit as many schools as I can, sit in and observe and take in what I can as I make my way across the US.

I found this site when I began learning the form palge ilche (spelling?) for yellow belt in TKD. Been lurking for a few weeks and here I am.

Good to know you all! -Amy

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Amy! Enjoy your stay! :)

Mike

MantisTLK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey i'm new here as well! glad to be among friends :D

I practice qigong if you have a specific question you can pm and i'll answer as best i can, if i don't know i'll ask my instructor :)

OP
S

SouthPaw

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow thank you! I'll have to go over some of my info and find something specific for ya. Thank you!

OP
S

SouthPaw

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all-- figured this was worth passing on, also-- in just a few minutes we leave to go check out Harrisburg Kung Fu Academy-- I believe they teach Pai Lum. I know nothing about this style. I think they also teach long form tai chi (that I do know a bit about). It's a long drive from here to there but if it's worth it, well we'll see..

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fáilte! Welcome! Very glad you joined us :)

OP
S

SouthPaw

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hahaha weedin out the other Irish lol hello Carol thank you!

MantisTLK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all-- figured this was worth passing on, also-- in just a few minutes we leave to go check out Harrisburg Kung Fu Academy-- I believe they teach Pai Lum. I know nothing about this style. I think they also teach long form tai chi (that I do know a bit about). It's a long drive from here to there but if it's worth it, well we'll see..

In the movie "Once Upon a Time in Chine" Jet Li is the master of a Pai Lum academy. I'd give it probably three stars?

Latest Discussions