Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok. So I can look at new posts by major forums but not all the ma forums at once like before huh?Bummer. Oh well. So you know, I'm having the same typing problem in the full reply section as in the quick reply.-Rob

That's a quirk of that plug in. I'll hopefully re-do the 'New Martial Arts' post link shortly. I just have to recode it for the site as it's really a shortcut to a long search string (I have to add each art forum individually)

There is an issue with iOS devices and the new editor. Looking for work arounds and fixes now.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok. Work around. NOTE: This is not perfect. Bottom Left corner of the forum screen is a drop down to pick a different 'look'. Pick Mobile. It's a MAJORLY stripped down interface. Be warned, once you switch, you're gonna be stuck there until you or I figure out how to switch back.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Testing from android. Mobile theme.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Testing mobile advanced. Smilies show but don't seem to want to click,

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, for those trying the Mobile Style, to exit it and go back to the normal MT vB style, log out.
Mobile style is a LIMITED FEATURE skin.
I'll tweak it a bit this week, but it MIGHT let you fix issues on mobile devices.

For those wondering, vB4.14 had a bunch of new things over 4.13 which KT and FMAT are running. I'm finding new things as I go.
I'm gonna grab a nap, been at it since 9am NY time (it's 2:30am now) out side of some food breaks. Keep reporting issues, I'll keep trying to work out the kinks and bring back in some features we had.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
reindexing is complete, search engine is back online.
On the main page you will also notice several info boxes. 1 is a Tag Cloud that will help speed up some searches. Remember to tag your topics when you post them when you can.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob thanks for all your effort on these changes. I'll keep playing with the site to see if I encounter any problems. None so far except for not finding the Rep button.

Ok found something and remember Im computer dumb
Bottom of page says " You may not post new threads BB code is on"
so how do I post new threads or what do I need to change if I want to post a new thread

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob thanks for all your effort on these changes. I'll keep playing with the site to see if I encounter any problems. None so far except for not finding the Rep button.

Ok found something and remember Im computer dumb
Bottom of page says " You may not post new threads BB code is on"
so how do I post new threads or what do I need to change if I want to post a new thread

Rep is the sheriffs star looking icon.

You're not an Admin so can't post new topics in -this- section. You can post new topics in the rest of the site.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Reading and replying look fine in Safari on the iPad. iOS 4.3.3. The update also works fine in Tapatalk on iPhone and iPad. Looking forward to the style tweaks. Thanks for the site, Bob. Rick

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ok, now I'm trying this from my laptop using google chrome. Let's see if the carriage return works here.

Does it?

It does! So I guess it's just on the iphone. Maybe I should update my os.

-Rob

Last edited:
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:tajiri:test post from IE 8 on Win Vista

:mst:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh Boy. This is gonna take some getting used to. I can't even find the User CP....

*edit*
Nevermind. Found the User CP under "settings". :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Very, er, colorful.
Agreed, and to be honest (and Bob I apologize for this in advance, I know changing pages is a bit of work) I am not sure I like it.... colorful. At this moment I am actually beginning to find it annoying.

Could be I'm old, could be I'm stuck in my ways, could be I'm in a bad mood. Could be it is too bright and bothering my eyes.

To Bob

Also I quoted Bill’s post and then did a spell check in Word 2007 and pasted that to the site and it absolutly turned everything I did into quotes and seperated the post I quoted from Bill into 2 quotes.

I did not hit post I saw it all in the code right after the cut and paste

As for the other issue, it is not a big deal just annoying to me but it might stop others from posting.
I his post and get a popup that says

Are you sure you want to leave this page?
Message from Webpage:
Changes made in the editor will be lost
-> Leave this page
-> Stay on this page

And now it will not let me remove the attached image or at least that is what I am seeing. The image is not the same as I am getting that is why I wanted it removed. What I typed above is what I am getting

EDIT

Note: This is starting to feel like work... I have to troubleshoot stuff before I post and it is getting rather annoying.... both make me thing...work.

Attachments

• $5141.IE9OnBeforeUnloadDialog_5F00_311B2763.png
    $5141.IE9OnBeforeUnloadDialog_5F00_311B2763.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are 3 'themes' to choose from. There is the default vB one, the MT one and the mobile.
I don't suggest using the mobile on anything other than a mobile device.
You can switch at will through the menu bottom left of the screen, or through an option somewhere in the Settings ling (formerly usercp) top right of page.

The editor's functional issues appear to be caused by issues with IE9's internals. I'm still digging to see what I can do. Switching to the basic editor will return you to a very simplified version of the old editor, minus the WYSIWYG functions. I don't have access to IE9 so can't duplicate or directly troubleshoot, so I ask for patience and lots of screen shots when possible.

For anyone looking for more info on the new editor, it is a 3rd party program called CKEditor.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are 3 'themes' to choose from. There is the default vB one, the MT one and the mobile.
I don't suggest using the mobile on anything other than a mobile device.
You can switch at will through the menu bottom left of the screen, or through an option somewhere in the Settings ling (formerly usercp) top right of page.

The editor's functional issues appear to be caused by issues with IE9's internals. I'm still digging to see what I can do. Switching to the basic editor will return you to a very simplified version of the old editor, minus the WYSIWYG functions. I don't have access to IE9 so can't duplicate or directly troubleshoot, so I ask for patience and lots of screen shots when possible.

For anyone looking for more info on the new editor, it is a 3rd party program called CKEditor.

I only see 'New VB' and 'Mobile' for 'Quick style chooser' on the bottom left corner. Mozilla Firefox 5 / Ubuntu 11.04 Linux.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Check again Bill, please? I had a checkbox unchecked on the back end. Should be visible now. I'm not going to do much to the default other than tack on a logo to keep it as 'pure' as possible for troubleshooting things.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Both "Reply" and "Reply To Thread" bring up the quick reply dialog box.

Once you have composed your post, if you hit "Reply to Thread" or "Reply" instead of "Post New Reply" (easy to do considering the "Reply To Thread" button is prominent), the post gets muched.

Is there anything that can be done about that?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Both "Reply" and "Reply To Thread" bring up the quick reply dialog box. Once you have composed your post, if you hit "Reply to Thread" or "Reply" instead of "Post New Reply" (easy to do considering the "Reply To Thread" button is prominent), the post gets muched. Is there anything that can be done about that?
I'll look, but I honestly have to go with the 'smart ***' reply here and say 'dont do that'.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Colors tweaked.
All 3 'themes' branded.
2 dozen other settings tweaked.

And I really really really wish someone else owned MT, so I could send them a bill for the OT. I'd be debt free by Friday. :roflmao:

I have found another issue with the editor. Sometimes, it goes weird. No cursor, carriage returns in weird places. Next time it happens I'll see what I can do to 'fix' the hiccup. Going advanced seems to do it.

Latest Discussions