Sil Lum Tiger Lady's photo gallery

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, SLTL, I was going to respond to your posts about your recent addition to the photo gallery. I can't reply to it because it was in the FAQ section (and I guess this digresses anyway).

I just wanted to say I liked your photos. Every tie I see a kung-fu practitioner I wish I had a chance around here to practice the art. It's so different in look from the Japanese martial arts I know.

In most of your pictures you are a yellow sash. In the last photo you are a green sash.

I'm not familiar with your belt structure but I'll guess that yellow is lower than green. Did you recently get promoted or something?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Navarre. Yes, I was recently promoted. I've been training for 2 years as of the first week of Jan. '06. Our belt structure is white, yellow, green, blue, brown, black. I enjoy Kung Fu very much. I'm fortunate to have found a fantastic school and an art I love on my first try. I don't think many people are that lucky. Thanks for checking out my albums (I hope to get some better quality photos added) and for your feedback. :asian:

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Your belt ranking system is the same as the one for Ko Sutemi Seiei Kan (the system Egg and I study). The only difference is that we have a purple belt (t'aint that purty?) between green and brown and that you guys get nice silk sashes.

It's always really great to be able to put a face to some of the names around here. Thanks for posting. Maybe it'll inspire some other Supporting Members to post to the gallery, including me.

G

Gary Crawford

Sil Lum Tiger Lady, Congrates on the green sash! Your continuous dedication and diligence is impresive! I'm going to have to come surprise you with a visit to your school sometime soon. Tell Master Laing I said "Hello!"

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, congratulations on your recent promotion, Tiger Lady!

I'm sorry. I made my previous post here while I was trying to get both kids laid down for bed. Somehow in the confusion I failed to congratulate you. My apologies.

I'm very happy that you've moved up on the Sil Lum ladder. You've always been exceptionally nice to me here and your rank as a person is black belt level to me already.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Yes, congratulations on your recent promotion, Tiger Lady!

I'm sorry. I made my previous post here while I was trying to get both kids laid down for bed. Somehow in the confusion I failed to congratulate you. My apologies.

I'm very happy that you've moved up on the Sil Lum ladder. You've always been exceptionally nice to me here and your rank as a person is black belt level to me already.
Thank you Navarre. I didn't give it a second thought. I appreciate your very kind words. :asian:

Now...start ye an album in the gallery!!!! :ultracool

Sil Lum Tiger Lady, Congrates on the green sash! Your continuous dedication and diligence is impresive! I'm going to have to come surprise you with a visit to your school sometime soon. Tell Master Laing I said "Hello!"

Thank you for the congrats and kind words as well Gary. I'll pass along your "hello" to Master Laing.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, Sil Lum TigerLady! I knew you've been in it for quite a while. I admire your dedication.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just went through the gallery, SLTL. Well done on your promotion :) Congrats on loving your first choice. You're right when you say that's fortunate.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks tkdgirl and Egg. I was very fortunate indeed, and even more lucky to not only love my first choice, but to find a truly excellent instructor and school. It's so easy when you're new and know nothing to stumble into a McDojo and have no idea of such a thing as a McDojo. I count myself very lucky in this regard as well.

Latest Discussions