Sifu is pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes animals do but I thought humans were a bit more advanced than animals or maybe I got that wrong. Should we also eat our young and abandon them on a street because animals do that as well you know
Oh you thought humans were a bit more advanced than animals? Humans kill for fun, kill for sport, kill when someone makes a human upset, we don't eat our own young but some humans do kill their own young. Humans make kids fight wars, humans sexually not only other kids, but their own kids. Humans sell other humans as slaves. Humans sell drugs and other unhealthy items to each other for monetary gain.
Humans not only make life miserable for themselves but they also make life miserable for those who live around them. Humans not only kill their children but they also abandon their kids on the street and in dumpsters.

So much for being more advanced than animals.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh you thought humans were a bit more advanced than animals? Humans kill for fun, kill for sport, kill when someone makes a human upset, we don't eat our own young but some humans do kill their own young. Humans make kids fight wars, humans sexually not only other kids, but their own kids. Humans sell other humans as slaves. Humans sell drugs and other unhealthy items to each other for monetary gain.
Humans not only make life miserable for themselves but they also make life miserable for those who live around them. Humans not only kill their children but they also abandon their kids on the street and in dumpsters.

Yes but those are just the odd bunch of scum it doesn't represent the majority

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
And, for the record.... MMA vs TMA has nothing to do with it.. I know a local MMA gym owner/trainer/teacher who likely would have kicked you for that you did too. However I am not sure he would have given you any avenue back.

.....quit your whining and your verbal posturing, take it seriously...and then listen to your shifu, man up, shut up and train.

Nobody said anything about TMA vs MMA. You are only one you brought that up. Second none if this is whining and I did man up. I didn't complain about anything he said or did, I went along with it and continue to go to class in just the pants and a black shirt.

Long sleeve shirt to make Buka proud.

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
IronBear24 what you did is just plain wrong remember in karate seek perfection and character be faithful endeavor to excel respect other refrain from Violent behavior you should know this when you do karate

also Never used karate unless you need to used it what you did was wrong on the most part and just because your piss you gonna hit your Instructor how could you you don't do that and if i was your instructor you will be banned from my dojo and ill not even give you your GI and ill take away your Belt too and why the hell you wanna impress girls dont you have a GF thats funny that your instructor will jump on the bush and hit your groin Lmao but still what you did is wrong

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
i told you so.
btw i still don't get how "sifu" and "gi" fits together.

Because the style is a mix of Tracy Kenpo Karate and various Chinese martial arts.

IronBear24 what you did is just plain wrong remember in karate seek perfection and character be faithful endeavor to excel respect other refrain from Violent behavior you should know this when you do karate

also Never used karate unless you need to used it what you did was wrong on the most part and just because your piss you gonna hit your Instructor how could you you don't do that and if i was your instructor you will be banned from my dojo and ill not even give you your GI and ill take away your Belt too and why the hell you wanna impress girls dont you have a GF thats funny that your instructor will jump on the bush and hit your groin Lmao but still what you did is wrong

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes but those are just the odd bunch of scum it doesn't represent the majority
It doesn't have to represent the majority because they are still human and the violence that goes on today is the same type of violence that has been around since the beginning of Man. It's not like any of this stuff is new to modern times or that it's an exception to the rule. It's part of what humans do. You can't separate the bad from the good and claim it not to be human.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said anything about TMA vs MMA. You are only one you brought that up. Second none if this is whining and I did man up. I didn't complain about anything he said or did, I went along with it and continue to go to class in just the pants and a black shirt.

Long sleeve shirt to make Buka proud.

Actually the fact you posted it up is whining, if you had 'manned up' you wouldn't have said anything.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upload_2016-6-23_13-18-55.png

paitingman

Brown Belt
Reaction score
@OP I know you've been getting a lot of flack and I hope you have been doing some serious thinking about some things.
My first teacher ( a real old school korean man) really gave it to me (a disrespectful young korean kid who should've known better aha). That's the worst I've ever been beaten up. Period. I was maybe 13.
That might throw up a lot of red flags for some people and believe me I get it. But the main thing I took from it and what I hope you also take from your experience is that:
1. He believes in you
2. He believes he can guide you and you can help yourself

Both your teacher and mine could've just said get out. dont come back.
(i mean shoot getting into fights you could be really seen as a liability) but instead of casting you away he chose to continue to try and teach you something.

Train hard and earnestly listen to your teacher.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually the fact you posted it up is whining, if you had 'manned up' you wouldn't have said anything.

What part of "I posted this to admit you all were right? Don't you get?

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yeah I think it is time to bury it. Nothing much more can be said about this.

@OP I know you've been getting a lot of flack and I hope you have been doing some serious thinking about some things.
My first teacher ( a real old school korean man) really gave it to me (a disrespectful young korean kid who should've known better aha). That's the worst I've ever been beaten up. Period. I was maybe 13.
That might throw up a lot of red flags for some people and believe me I get it. But the main thing I took from it and what I hope you also take from your experience is that:
1. He believes in you
2. He believes he can guide you and you can help yourself

Both your teacher and mine could've just said get out. dont come back.
(i mean shoot getting into fights you could be really seen as a liability) but instead of casting you away he chose to continue to try and teach you something.

Train hard and earnestly listen to your teacher.

Thanks.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part of "I posted this to admit you all were right? Don't you get?

The bit that a lifetime of experience tells me that you are saying the words but don't actually admit it's not true, you are attention seeking. That's not necessarily a bad thing but you are playing to the gallery to garner favour but don't actually think we are right at all and are just misunderstanding you. It's like children who hit another child and say sorry immediately just to get the adult off their back, they aren't sorry of course but have learnt that saying 'sorry' placates adults. You still feel hard done by and you always will until you empty your cup and leave the ego out of your interactions with people. You aren't worthless and you aren't an idiots but you are fooling yourself.

D

Dylan9d

Are you seriously 27 years old?

Because I thought I just read the book report of 14 year old bragging in it that he beat up some guy and whining that his sifu was teaching him a lesson for it.....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

t6p2eu.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with every word he said and honestly it doesn't seem to have taught you much "I wanted to hurt him because he pissed me off" that's a bad attitude in itself you don't hurt people who piss you off you ignore them. You hurt people who are trying to hurt you and his attitude of saying I don't care that's what pretty much everyone's been saying to you. I hope this teaches you something.
This is the key part of the situation, to me. Emotional self-management is perhaps the most important aspect of emotional intelligence (or emotional maturity). Having that ability to manage your responses to emotions is the most consistent differentiator between people who succeed and those who don't - in nearly any area of life. Use this experience to give you a new reason to focus on controlling your responses.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.

I believe you about someone calling your instructor. Someone has called mine too, to tell on me for something I posted here, and I'm 55 years old. Amazing how entitled some people feel. I've also had them figure where I work and call my boss, but not from this forum; it was a long time ago.

As to the rest of it, it reads like a dime novel. Entertaining, but...really?
When I was a brown belt, I actually got called on the carpet by my instructor's instructor about something I posted on a forum. The essense of his displeasure was that I had no right to post an opinion or comparison between the approach and style of those more senior than me. I had posted, in a forum frequented by others in the association, about my experience with a head-of-style from another art, comparing and contrasting their training style and movements to what I had experienced within the association. Nothing negative, just a comparison.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
When I was a brown belt, I actually got called on the carpet by my instructor's instructor about something I posted on a forum. The essense of his displeasure was that I had no right to post an opinion or comparison between the approach and style of those more senior than me. I had posted, in a forum frequented by others in the association, about my experience with a head-of-style from another art, comparing and contrasting their training style and movements to what I had experienced within the association. Nothing negative, just a comparison.

I believe my Sanda shifu stopped teaching me because of my talking about it in the forum. The dangers of having a web savvy Chinese shifu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions