Critical Success

Had another weird one today.

Rolling with a wrestler in no-gi. We're in that hip toss battle. He goes for a throw, I jump over the leg. Then I try to do the Judo-style uchi-mata throw (where my inside leg lifts his inside leg). I completely missed his inside leg. But I did hit his outside leg, which tripped him and took him down.

My Professor thought it was a great takedown, but I completely missed my target by about 3-4 feet.
 
Had another weird one today.

Rolling with a wrestler in no-gi. We're in that hip toss battle. He goes for a throw, I jump over the leg. Then I try to do the Judo-style uchi-mata throw (where my inside leg lifts his inside leg). I completely missed his inside leg. But I did hit his outside leg, which tripped him and took him down.

My Professor thought it was a great takedown, but I completely missed my target by about 3-4 feet.
Results are what count though right?
 
Had another weird one today.

Rolling with a wrestler in no-gi. We're in that hip toss battle. He goes for a throw, I jump over the leg. Then I try to do the Judo-style uchi-mata throw (where my inside leg lifts his inside leg). I completely missed his inside leg. But I did hit his outside leg, which tripped him and took him down.

My Professor thought it was a great takedown, but I completely missed my target by about 3-4 feet.
Hey, if it works, it works. Sounds like you adjusted on the fly just fine.
 
Hey, if it works, it works. Sounds like you adjusted on the fly just fine.
It wasn't an adjustment. This is more along the lines of:
"Nice job shooting the rope!"
"...I was aiming for the hangman..."
 
It wasn't an adjustment. This is more along the lines of:
"Nice job shooting the rope!"
"...I was aiming for the hangman..."
I still say any port in a storm. But now you know more than you did as far as how/when to use the hangman. Or at least when it may not work.
 
Back
Top