Sifu Emin Boztepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have noticed that as well. And I agree that it is rude to shoot down WC on it's own board. You do have a very good point.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree however it makes it difficult when time after time a certain select few from the MMA camp seem to take it up on themselves to highjack every single thread in the WC section that may contain even the merest whiff of grappling/anti grappling to do one thing, ridicule the arts effectiveness. I dont see the WC set doing the same to the MMA section. And I sure as heck am not going to let someone denigrate WC on its own forum, if they want to run it down then they can take it to the MMA forum and ***** about it to their hearts content.
Si-Je said:
I have noticed that as well. And I agree that it is rude to shoot down WC on it's own board. You do have a very good point.

Being rude, it can make it difficult, yes, and that is why every user can report a post which breaks the rules and, for the record on this thread, hijacking threads is against the rules on MartialTalk. SO ... if this happens again, click on the little red outlined triangle with the " ! " in the middle in the upper right hand corner of the post, type your comment, and a work ticket will be generated in the staff area automatically.

Again ... *every* user can do this. Please take care, because abuse of this feature is *also* against the rules. That is to say, if someone disagrees with you and tries to engage you in the rigorous debate of your opinion on the topic, that is *not* an instance where the RTM feature is necessary nor useful. But if a thread is being hijacked, feel free to use that feature in the post you find out of line.

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree however it makes it difficult when time after time a certain select few from the MMA camp seem to take it up on themselves to highjack every single thread in the WC section that may contain even the merest whiff of grappling/anti grappling to do one thing, ridicule the arts effectiveness. I dont see the WC set doing the same to the MMA section. And I sure as heck am not going to let someone denigrate WC on its own forum, if they want to run it down then they can take it to the MMA forum and ***** about it to their hearts content.

I have never started a thread to bash someone's art or practices; I come in to RESPOND to statements that other people have made. When people discuss anti-grappling, they are making a claim that they can defend against something that I and many other people practice. We have made a habit of training based on the idea of giving everyone an opportunity to try anything and taking what we see working, we find it rather bizarre that someone would both claim to be able to negate a large portion of our fighting style while refraining from offering any evidence. That strikes me more as an insult that needs to be responded to - and although I and my compatriots have been aggressive in the defense of what we have seen and experianced, I do not think that at any point we have been less than civil.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have never started a thread to bash someone's art or practices; I come in to RESPOND to statements that other people have made. When people discuss anti-grappling, they are making a claim that they can defend against something that I and many other people practice. We have made a habit of training based on the idea of giving everyone an opportunity to try anything and taking what we see working, we find it rather bizarre that someone would both claim to be able to negate a large portion of our fighting style while refraining from offering any evidence. That strikes me more as an insult that needs to be responded to - and although I and my compatriots have been aggressive in the defense of what we have seen and experianced, I do not think that at any point we have been less than civil.
As long as your argument is ON THE TOPIC and productive towards that end, that's fine. But if your sole purpose is to find every single mention of MMA, grappling, evidence, etcetera, and turn it towards your agenda, you'll find that we don't tolerate that well here. Part and parcel of the whole TOS. If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to bring this up in the Support Area.

We have been generous with people ignoring the moderator warnings thus far, however this disruption will no longer be tolerated.

This is the final warning.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Assistant Administrator

Reactions: MJS

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
personally, I give a million kudos to CMA practitioners who have to put up with dudes who spent 3 months learning TMA, started training MMA, and bash TMA. its rediculous. I hope I didn't come across as one of these guys. I still train TMA, and was only stressing the ignorance of training against another style without actually training it.

seriously, I would get so freaking frustrated (and have) with some of the BJJ/MMA/shoot fight/etc tough guys that come on here.

EternalSpringtime

Orange Belt
Reaction score
personally, I give a million kudos to CMA practitioners who have to put up with dudes who spent 3 months learning TMA, started training MMA, and bash TMA. its rediculous. I hope I didn't come across as one of these guys. I still train TMA, and was only stressing the ignorance of training against another style without actually training it.

seriously, I would get so freaking frustrated (and have) with some of the BJJ/MMA/shoot fight/etc tough guys that come on here.

Of course it would be that way. You cannot compare duration of time in training progress, rather than to compare what effort you put towards training. MMA trainers trains much more harder than a TMA trainer. That's because they compete and need to be good, otherwise they are just gonna be a name in the dew, since many other competitiors trains harder.

Being open minded is a perfect strategy like you said. I totally agree, but whether TMA is better than MMA ot the other way around?. I don't think this is something we can really say.

MMA really showed the world that style bashing is not enough, you have to train and prove the thing we do. Now I train Wing Chun. We have many people from other systems joined us. I am not saying about rookies and beginers, some of them were masters in other arts. Does that mean that their systems were ineffective?!. No way. I beleive that neither of us can say what is effective or not unless we try it and observe the full picture, becuase beleive me that media is not always everything we watch and believe.

People like the Gracies, Boztepe, and Rutten are all great to learn from. I wish that I could learn from all of them. I don't care who challenged who and wanted to fight in his place. Once trainers will have the mentality of taking what is positive and develop it for yourself, then you will start to see what really works in every fighting situation.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
admin Note:

Thread Locked Due To Continued Off-topic Discussion.

G Ketchmark / Shesulsa
Mt Assistant Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.