Shouting "Where's Your Green Card" is racist now?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you're only asking the question of people who are brown, then it's not nationalist. It's racist. Not all white dudes are American. We have as many illegal Russians in our area as we do illegal Mexicans. So... maybe... hypothetically. But in the real world, as I said, unless you're a potential employer verifying legal authorization to work in the USA or a DHS agent, if you ask that question, you're probably asking someone who is Hispanic/Latino and doing it to be a jerk. And yeah, I'd say that it's probably because you're a racist. Just my opinion.

I get your point and I agree. But when hiring day labor people in the past, I Iiked to know they were legal. So you can add one more legitimate reason to ask.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I get your point and I agree. But when hiring day labor people in the past, I Iiked to know they were legal. So you can add one more legitimate reason to ask.

true, but would you ask a fair skinned person?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

So then you were a potential employer. That's the same thing I said. We agree that this is really the only reason someone other than an immigration official from Dhs would ask. Well, unless you're in az.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

So you are one of those racists who thinks only "brown" people are illegals?
tom.jpg

Col Parker, Elvis' manager, illegal alien, goofy looking white guy.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I would because in my area we have a fairly large number of illegal Polish.

And, no, I am not Racist against the Polish people... I just am aware that the illegal immigrant population here includes a large number of them.