Shaolin - Wheel of Life

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

That is the funniest thing I have seen you post. Kudos!
Man we are just getting along today for some reason!!
:D Thanks, I try:D

7sm

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by white dragon

The plot focuses around the story of the monks defending China against a war lord, then being betrayed by the emporer. Lots of different stuff demonstrated and pretty impressive indeed. the show includes weapons, form demonstrations, some fighting and impressive demonstrations of strength. Well worth seeing!

If you don't already know, those are no real Shaolin monks. They are acrobats.

OP
W

white dragon

You think? Well I was fooled by watching the DVD which has a documentary about them choosing who to take from the temple, looked pretty real to me. I think the new UK show had a lot of people from Shaolin UK in though, so I don't know if the american show will have people from there in or not.

OP
G

GouRonin

I suppose for some it might be a purist point of view to have real monks but I don't think it does.

The people that go see this show might be the kind that are already involved in the martial arts. They might be just people who like to watch them. They may just have seen the ad in the press and wondered what it was about. In any case, the press, and this show will undoubtedly bring interest from more people about the martial arts.

This seems like a good thing to me. Although personally I'd love to see martial arts go back underground, I know this will never happen, this kind of open touring by the monks is actually free publicity for every martial arts school out there.

OP
D

Daniel

They are coming to my area in a few months, I'm happy some other people recommended it because I was very interested but didn't know if it would be any good or not.

Latest Discussions