self defense scenario

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree, and that is why training to fight multiple attackers is necessary. Also tactics as discusses by earl weiss are invaluable. Still though, very few people will have much success against multiple attackers and students should be made aware of this. Personally, Id run toward the attacker who has the best chance to run behind him. Id launch myself at him with a jump front kick and hit him in the solar plexus/ribs area with everything I had hoping to literally 'run over the top of him'. Once I land, Id run for my life, I am a long distance runner and I will back myself to feel fatigued from running long after anyone chasing me will. Obviously in manny's situation that probably wouldnt have been possible. As a good friend said to me once - "I won my last fight by about 2 kilometers". thats my theory, staying around to fight multiple attackers is not a good idea at all.
Of course it isnt - Debatable, your Aim should always be to Escape. My Main Point is that having only an Intent to Escape is perhaps a bad thing, rather than planning to Fight, and Evade when Possible.

Latest Discussions