RIP: Andrew Breitbart dies of 'natural causes'

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrew Breitbart, happy warrior against the mainstream media and other liberal institutons died suddenly of natural causes...from one of his sites...

http://biggovernment.com/

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.
Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.
Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:
I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I expect someone's post count might slow down, now.....

Andrew Breitbart,dead at 43[

Andrew Breitbart, the noted Internet publisher and author, has died, according to a source at Big Journalism. He was 43.

A statement posted on his website said that Breitbart died "unexpectedly from natural causes" this morning.

And, over on Breitbart.com:
With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart.

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

http://www.breitbart.tv/in-memoriam-andrew-breitbart-1969-2012/

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Let's see, the "happy warrior" who heavily edited videos to skew viewpoints to such an extent that a woman (Shirley Sherrod) lost her job over a relatively benign if not beneficial statement?

What a sad and pathetic legacy.

Not sad at his passing. Not particularly glad, but I can't say it's bad news-to anyone but his family, anyway, and they have my condolences/

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Too young to go.
Godspeed.

(and yet....what is billi gonna do now?) I know, I know, I am bad....hanging my head in shame......

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Men his age have fatal heart attacks on the toilet every morning-a vile, miserable, unscrupulous example of a human being, whose sole purpose in life seemed to be to sow contention, no matter the cost-it's only the idea of his passing in such an undignified manner, with his pants around his ankles, like Elvis, that makes me chuckle this morning, not his passing, though I should say that for him the "light at the end of the tunnel" is probably Hellfire.

Rest in peace, condolences to the family,. etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah......

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Men his age have fatal heart attacks on the toilet every morning-a vile, miserable, unscrupulous example of a human being, whose sole purpose in life seemed to be to sow contention, no matter the cost-it's only the only the idea of his passing in such an undignified manner, with his pants around his ankles, like Elvis, that makes me chuckle this morning, not his passing, though I should say that for him the "light at the end of the tunnel" is probably Hellfire.

Rest in peace, condolences to the family,. etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah......

well, I guess you lived passed that age...
I for one get shocked when my contemporaries drop like flies.... :p

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
granfire said:
well, I guess you lived passed that age...

I could still go in that very manner, though...who knows? :lfao:

They say "only the good die young." While he disproves this, to my mind, I guess maybe I'll live to be 100....:lfao: :lfao:

granfire said:
I for one get shocked when my contemporaries drop like flies.... :p

My sister's 45th birthday would have been next Monday. She didn't make it to 40, or have the mercy that is a sudden death.

I'm never particularly surprised by death-haven't been since Bruce Lee died, really-and I'm having a hard time getting my "give a ****" meter to register at all.....

View attachment $Care-O-Meter.gif

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not true, and you obviously missed the point of the Sherrod video, that is exposing the racism of the group she was addressing. You should watch the video again, and try to see what actually happened there.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't worry, John Nolte, Larry O'conner, Christian Toto and the other happy warriors over at the Breitbart sites will continue the effort of exposing the stories the main stream media refuses to cover because they have an extreme left wing bias. The battle goes on.

Let us not forget the tough, but delightful, Dana Loesch.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Natural causes at 43 thats sad. Regardless of your political views thats far to young.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Elder999 wrote
Snip/"
no matter the cost-it's only the idea of his passing in such an undignified manner, with his pants around his ankles, like Elvis, that makes me chuckle this morning,"
/snip

Source?

From the linked story above

"Breitbart was walking near his house in the Brentwood neighborhood shortly after midnight Thursday when he collapsed, his father-in-law Orson Bean said.

Someone saw him fall and called paramedics, who tried to revive him. They rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said. Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but Bean said he could not pinpoint what happened."

It is true that many die sitting on the morning throne. Many die by suddenly jumping out of bed. Death can even interrupt coitus. It is a reminder that death can occur at any moment. It is also a reminder that the manner and timing of death is often out of our control. So what, is in our control? What is in our control is how we choose to live, our level of involvement in our communities, how we choose to react to setbacks and gain, how we treat our family and friends and how we treat our enemies.

I did not know the man Breitbart, although I am sure I read some of his writings here and there. I admire those willing to legally stand up and be counted and trying to make a difference in their communities even if I do not agree with their opinions or in the direction they wish to take the community.

Today is the memorial for the slain Washington State Trooper. He was a good man and lead a good life. His sudden death from violence and Breitbart’s death while walking remind me to live a little more loudly, a bit more freely and as honestly as possible.

From the linked article
“Breitbart's final tweet, posted shortly before he was reported to have died, typified the combative and blunt tone he took with his online debaters. "I called you a putz cause I thought you were being intentionally disingenuous. If not I apologize," he wrote to the individual he had been arguing with.”

In the light that death can overcome anytime and that this moment right now might be the last, the post written in anger, the sarcastic wit displayed for ego or boredom, or the post lacking in grace, all are small minded and a terrible way to possibly leave a conversation and memory. It is ironic perhaps but a powerful reminder and lesson that Breitbart’s final written words were “I apologize,”

RIP

Regards
Brian King

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From Matt Drudge...

DEAR READER: In the first decade of the DRUDGEREPORT Andrew Breitbart was a constant source of energy, passion and commitment. We shared a love of headlines, a love of the news, an excitement about what's happening. I don't think there was a single day during that time when we did not flash each other or laugh with each other, or challenge each other. I still see him in my mind's eye in Venice Beach, the sunny day I met him. He was in his mid 20's. It was all there. He had a wonderful, loving family and we all feel great sadness for them today... MDRUDGE

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
billcihak said:
You are everything I expected of you elder, and so much less...

I should be hypocritical, and say what a tragedy it is?

Or offer you my "sincere" condolences?

I mean, the guy did nothing for conservative causes except make conservatives seem like rabid, foam at the mouth "warriors" who make politics scorched earth warfare instead of the bipartisan game of compromise it was meant to be-a world where the other party is the embodiment of evil, instead of merely differing ideas and philosophies.

Oooh,there I've spoken ill of the dead. I guess I should only say good things about him, since he stopped breathing, and all....how about this:

He had nice teeth

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No elder, didn't say you shouldn't be anything but what you are, and you showed that very well. Thanks.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is true that many die sitting on the morning throne.

True. One of my sisters worked in a nursing home; apparently that is the way many an elderly male patient is found in the morning. The strain of moving one's bowels can create a problem for the heart, and if it's teetering on the edge anyway, that alone can be the end. Not dignified, but apparently we don't get a vote.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
bipartisan game of compromise it was meant to be-a world where the other party is the embodiment of evil, instead of merely differing ideas and philosophies.

One should never compromise when the other side is just flat wrong.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
True. One of my sisters worked in a nursing home; apparently that is the way many an elderly male patient is found in the morning. The strain of moving one's bowels can create a problem for the heart, and if it's teetering on the edge anyway, that alone can be the end. Not dignified, but apparently we don't get a vote.

eh, still beats a many other ways to go.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Theres a medical reason for it i learn a while ago i cant remember exactly what it was anymore.

Latest Discussions