Incivility and the left...from glitter bombs to real bombs...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So, ballen, if the supreme court ruled that a national registry of weapons and a prohibition on your right to own any hand guns was constitutional, you'd be okay with it?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, ballen, if the supreme court ruled that a national registry of weapons and a prohibition on your right to own any hand guns was constitutional, you'd be okay with it?

Nope not at all. They would be wrong. Just like I believe Roe v Wade is wrong and will be overturned someday.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Nope not at all. They would be wrong. Just like I believe Roe v Wade is wrong and will be overturned someday.
Okay. I'm struggling to understand. You think that abortions should all be illegal, and that the interpretation of the 14th amendment by the SCOTUS is just wrong?

So, it's not the idea of restricting constitutional rights that you disagree with. What I mean is, you don't have any philosophical objection to placing caveats on a constitutional right. Correct?

And in the mean time, you'd register your rifles and shotguns, and turn in your pistols?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay. I'm struggling to understand. You think that abortions should all be illegal, and that the interpretation of the 14th amendment by the SCOTUS is just wrong?

So, it's not the idea of restricting constitutional rights that you disagree with. What I mean is, you don't have any philosophical objection to placing caveats on a constitutional right. Correct?
In my opinion Abortions are not a constitutional right. They are however legal. The courts we wrong just like when they said slavery was OK and Japanese internment camps were legal. Courts can and do reverse themselves.
A spelled out in black and white Amendment to the constitution like the 2nd Amendment can't be reversed at the whim of a few justices on a Court. I think the Constitution is clear and all branches of Govt and all parties have been stretching it beyond its intent. There is a clear and legal way to add or subtract rights and privileges and change the Constitution. You want Abortions legal amend the Constitution or pass an actual law don't use a few justices to backdoor it.
And in the mean time, you'd register your rifles and shotguns, and turn in your pistols?
What choice would I have? If the law says it then I'd either comply or violate it. I'd violate it and deal with the outcome.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The militia part of the 2nd is far from clear--it's not unreasonable to read it as militia-only.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The militia part of the 2nd is far from clear--it's not unreasonable to read it as militia-only.

Its clear to me. Who makes up the militia? The people. Where do the militias get their weapons? The people. Who owned all the weapons during the time the document was written? The People. Its very clear to me

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ballen, the 2nd amendment has been clarified over the years through challenges decided by the scotus. Every amendment has. That's a big part if their job.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is contrary to fact. In the same way I could say that my opinion is that your handgun isn't a right. My opinion would be wrong because the supreme court says so.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ballen, the 2nd amendment has been clarified over the years through challenges decided by the scotus. Every amendment has. That's a big part if their job.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is contrary to fact. In the same way I could say that my opinion is that your handgun isn't a right. My opinion would be wrong because the supreme court says so.

Difference is one is a spelled out constitutional amendment and is protected and the other is a court order that can be overturned at any time.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its clear to me. Who makes up the militia? The people. Where do the militias get their weapons? The people. Who owned all the weapons during the time the document was written? The People. Its very clear to me

So...Supreme Court decisions you agree with are correct, but the ones you disagree with are just errors to be overturned?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So...Supreme Court decisions you agree with are correct, but the ones you disagree with are just errors to be overturned?

Well Duh......... If you agree with something you think its right if you dont agree its wrong thats kinda what the term Agree and Disagree with mean.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supreme Court justices are not all knowing and all wise creatures of a divine nature...they are people who went to school for a long time...and often haven't the wisdom of the local grocery store owner...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
New demonstration of incivility from the left since the trial...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/15/c...-in-oakland-slugged-me-kicked-me-in-the-head/

“One young man chanted ‘There’s gonna be some violence tonight!’” Hartsock said. “He then came up to me and demanded I erase the footage from my phone — another request I declined.”
“As two other young men interrogated me, their friend behind them came up and a young man then slugged me in the face about three times — hard — and demanded that I leave,” Hartsock said. “Then I began getting clocked by others in my left temple and jaw by other assailants and was mowed to the ground by about half a dozen of them.”
Hartsock feared the worst. “For a couple minutes I was pinned down to the ground — one gentleman on top of me slugging me across the face repeatedly as an indeterminable number of others kicked me in the side of the head, and tried to get my phone out of my hand… The harder my grip tightened, the harder their punches to my face became,” he said.

Hartsock says he doesn’t see a racial angle at play in his assault. “Some of my assailants were white. Some black, some mixed race. There were civilized people there who were black and very kind to me at first.”
“I had no problems with anyone until two thugs came up to me and gave me ****,” he said. “Others got involved simply because they saw two thugs giving me **** and immediately [started] taking their side,” he said.
“It turned into a Domino effect,” says Hartsock. “It didn’t matter what I had to say. Everyone decided the thing now was to pile up on me.”

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well Duh......... If you agree with something you think its right if you dont agree its wrong thats kinda what the term Agree and Disagree with mean.

Well, if nothing else, I respect that you acknowledge your inconsistency.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

But you're judging by what matches your previously held beliefs, and saying ones you don't like the outcome of were not just bad news for you but wrong and should be overturned on legal grounds. I don't like it = they were wrong.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As has been stated numerous times, conservatives see liberals as being wrong on their ideas...liberals see conservatives as evil...that is where we are...

You're either deeply naive or have your head deep in the sand, man. There absolutely are liberals who demonize conservatives, but much, if not most, of the hate is blowing the other way.

The right has guys like Newt Gingrich and Darrell Issa, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck - the left rarely gives microphones to people like that, at least not for long. Keith Olbermann was an ***, and he lost his show. Rush is much more so, and is still on the air.

But your posting history leads me to believe that nothing in the world would convince you that the sky was blue if Rush Limbaugh said it was green, so, not much point in me responding to this, is there?

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Difference is one is a spelled out constitutional amendment and is protected and the other is a court order that can be overturned at any time.

Decades - centuries - of Supreme Court rulings cannot just "be overturned at any time". They've become part of Constitutional law, almost as much as if they were written in the Constitution.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Decades - centuries - of Supreme Court rulings cannot just "be overturned at any time". They've become part of Constitutional law, almost as much as if they were written in the Constitution.
Sorry your wrong a future courts can and has overturned past courts rulings. A ruling becomes the standard until its overturned.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But you're judging by what matches your previously held beliefs, and saying ones you don't like the outcome of were not just bad news for you but wrong and should be overturned on legal grounds. I don't like it = they were wrong.

What do you think your doing? You disagree with the rulings you don't like and agree with the ones you do. Your OK with banning certain guns and view the 2nd Amendment differently then I do.

Everyone even the Justices use personal beliefs to make choices and rulings. That's why its so important for the left to stack the court with liberal judges and the right to stack the court with Conservative judges. If everyone just looked and read what it said then it wouldn't matter what political affiliation a judge has.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're either deeply naive or have your head deep in the sand, man. There absolutely are liberals who demonize conservatives, but much, if not most, of the hate is blowing the other way.

The right has guys like Newt Gingrich and Darrell Issa, Rush Limbaugh and genn Beck - the left rarely gives microphones to people like that, at least not for long. Keith Olbermann was an ***, and he lost his show. Rush is much more so, and is still on the air.

But your posting history leads me to believe that nothing in the world would convince you that the sky was blue if Rush Limbaugh said it was green, so, not much point in me responding to this, is there?

Are you serious? Have you ever listened to left wing talk radio? Ed Shultz is one of the most vial humans I've ever listened too. Mike Malloy made fun of tornado victims in the bible belt laughing that they were turned into little greese spots .

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you serious? Have you ever listened to left wing talk radio? Ed Shultz is one of the most vial humans I've ever listened too. Mike Malloy made fun of tornado victims in the bible belt laughing that they were turned into little greese spots .

I've never heard of these guys, but the right-wing ones are everywhere.

Latest Discussions