Review of the Official Basketball Teaching system (a satire)

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
A few months ago I received my official Basketball Teaching system! I was so thrilled! It came complete with instructional videos, a basketball rim and post and a bright blue uniform with my name inscribed on the back! I was excited!

I cracked open my DVD set and started with the basics. I learned how to dribble, do some basic shots like a layup and pass the ball. I also learned the rules of the game. For my passing drills I used a local wall, so I could master not only passing but receiving the ball. With a lot of practice, time and sweat, I soon mastered the basics and moved on to the "Advanced" DVD. This introduced complex things, such as dribbling between the legs, three point shooting and man-on-man defense. Within a month, I had mastered these skills and was even able to perform a slam dunk! I was thrilled!

I decided that directly applying to the NBA might show a lack of humility, so I decided to exhibit my vast skill set at the local YMCA. Surely someone would pick up on my expertise and suggest at least a local division 1 school that might be interested in providing a full scholarship. I had always wanted to go to Duke!

I arrived at the gym and started out by showing off some of my fancier moves. A few slams and fancy dribbles earned me a first pick when teams were chosen.

The game started, and I was passed the ball. I ran up the court, deftly dribbling here and there. I passed the ball to a teammate, but somehow one of the opposing team members intercepted my pass! He was so fast! My DVD never warned me about that! I decided I would write them a harsh letter after the game. After a flashy dunk at the other end, I was inbounded the ball.

This time, I would rely only on my own skill. I dribbled near the net, my back to my opponent who was guarding me. When I was about to turn to shoot, he elbowed me quite rudely in the back! In pain, I dropped the ball and demanded the referee call a foul! My opponent just picked up the ball, ran up the court and scored. Outraged I screamed at the official. SURELY he saw that foul. It was plainly described in the DVD set! He called me for a technical, when I was the one fouled! How dare he! He obviously needs to watch my DVD set, for he clearly knew nothing of the rules. Running back down the court, my opponent just grinned and said "No blood, no foul". My DVD instructor never said anything about this. I'll have to submit a question to my internet support group!

Surprisingly, I was not passed the ball much after that, and I got frequent sneers from my teammates. Once, when i was guarding my foe, he even cursed at me! I'm sure my instructor would never have approved of such coarse behavior. How rude! He needs to watch my DVD set too. Might improve his manners!

The game droned on, full of cursing, flagrant fouls that were not called, "accidental" foot stomps and the like. I'm convinced the referee should have his license revoked.

At the end of our stupendous loss, I overheard one of my teammates complaining about playing 4 on 5. While one of our players was just a teen and not very good, I don't think such a rude comment was called for. I insisted that the players check out the DVD system I tried and I was sure that in a few months their game would drastically improve. I was actually laughed at! Still, I strongly believe this is the best teaching system out there and will continue to evangelize it.

Over the next few weeks I hope to try out for a professional team. Surely they know how to play better and won't put up with such non-professional silliness. This will be the best pulpit I can use for evangelizing this product.

To conclude my review, I strongly suggest you purchase this system! It is all-inclusive and thorough. You won't be disappointed!

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
hee heee heee hilarious. Sad part? When it happens with MA you don't lose a ball game...you go home (if you lucky) with a broken nose.