Review of Street Sword by Phil Elmore

OP
A

althaur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Phil devotes one very short paragraph to the swords use indoors. The gist of it is, use a shorter sword and watch out for stuff in the house.

Based on the over-all breakdown of the book, I would have to guess the he believes the sword is more useful on the street (ala Connor McCleod) than as a home defense weapon.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Based on the over-all breakdown of the book, I would have to guess the he believes the sword is more useful on the street (ala Connor McCleod) than as a home defense weapon.
Now all he needs is someone to show him how to use one... :uhoh:

sidecarr

White Belt
Reaction score
dint find this forum till recently ,but made the mistake of buying Phils flashlight fighting book, figured there would be joint locks and other techniques ,but heres a summary of Phils book ,stand tall ,try to imtimidate bad guy ,shine light in his face ,if that doesnt work grab flashlight and hit bad guy.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lol
I cant belive you actualy bought the book :rofl:
thanks for the review

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just found this thread. I didn't read the book. I did read the reviews. I enjoyed the jokes here. That's all for starters. :D
I see that there's interest in such books. Now I DO carry (and use if I must) archaic weapons quite often as these are nearly the best tools for those stupid Hungarians who care about not breaking the laws. Should I write a book as well? :lol:

Krownhunter

White Belt
Reaction score
I have read this review on all 4 sites I found it posted. Man Phil is relentless. He just followed you to every forum and attacked you. I noticed he did the same thing on his reviews on Amazon. As a fellow writer, I feel such behavior is unprofessional on his part. He should just sit back and take the negative reviews without getting bent out of shape. I mean, you put stuff out there, that is what happens.

Latest Discussions