December Free Articles Available

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The free articles for December are now available. They include Morgan Atwood's review of the Riddle of Steel 2003.

The Martialist Current Issue

Free Articles:

Reality Check
By Phil Elmore
Is The Martialist a medium of traditionalism? The charge has been made, surprisingly enough. In this, our lead editorial for the month, we take a look at the issue of reality versus tradition (among other things).

Riddle of Steel 2003
By Morgan Atwood
Morgan Atwood reports on this year's outing with James Keating. The Riddle of Steel is a famous seminar taught by a renowned weapons master.

Politics as Personal Security Risk
By Phil Elmore
Recently, while sicker than I've been in a long time, I took in somewhat feverishly the political fallout of Vice President Dick Cheney's visit to the area.

Fight with Light
By Phil Elmore
A tactical light is a remarkably effective tool for low-light altercations. If you don't have one, get one. In this article we discuss a few basic tactics for use with such torches.

Gun Disarms and Carjack Counters 101
By Phil Elmore
Attempting to counter a firearm is an incredibly dangerous thing to do. There may be times, however, when it is your only option. This article covers a few basic counters to muggings at gunpoint.

Characteristics of Aggressive Drivers
By Phil Elmore
Attempting to counter a firearm is an incredibly dangerous thing to do. There may be times, however, when it is your only option. This article covers a few basic counters to muggings at gunpoint.

Driving Mr. Spanky
By Danny "Spanky" Rowell

Pocket Stick Striking
By Phil Elmore
Previously in The Martialist we covered the utility of carrying pocket sticks. In response to reader requests, we now present an article specifically on using these tools to strike an attacker.

Lenny Magill's Concealed Carry
A Product Review by Phil Elmore
Lenny Magill, who produces more than one catalog of firearms and shooting accessories and who has shot many videos on the topic, covers carry and concealment of firearms in this video.

Bowie and Big-Knife Fighting System
A Book Review by Phil Elmore
Dwight McLemore has produced a beautifully illustrated guide to fighting with large knives.

Three Criticisms and Defenses of Hands-Up Ready Stances
By Phil Elmore
The "fence" or "de-escalation stance" is sometimes criticized online by those who don't know any better. Three of these criticisms are addressed in this article.

Kershaw Military Boot Knife
A Product Review by Morgan Atwood
Morgan Atwood is a knifemaker and a knife fighting afficionado, so he brings a unique perspective to this product evaluation. Kershaw's latest fixed blade offering has much to recommend it – including style.

Return of the Superelite Commandos: A Humorous Second (Third? Fourth?) Look at Hikuta
By Phil Elmore
Okay, at this point the discussion is starting to get silly. A rebuttal to Raymond Brennan's rebuttal of my rebuttal of his article in Dolfzine, this piece closes the door on this often ridiculous (but always entertaining) debate.

jacsavage

White Belt
Reaction score
HikutaCombatSystems.com goes under!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil Elmore and his cronies can now give thanks to their pagan gods- HikutaCombatSystems.com is now no more!

But from the ashes arises- www.hikuta.net

Done by an honest to goodness web master no less!
I have now officially quit trying to muck up my web site and turned it over to a professional.

Check out out and e mail me feed back when you guys can PLUS now my site can have some of those "gee Whizz" effects. E mail me any suggestions - my webmastewr claims he is the master of all things photoshop and web effects- lets see if we can challenge him!

Jack Savage

B

Black Bear

HAHAHAHA, oh man, i didn't know that jacsavage posted here.

Listen man, it's not just Phil and his buds that mock you. It's the buzz around most of the internet. Every board I go to considers Hikuta a running joke.

And surely you can do better than an ad hominem on your critic's faith?

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black Bear
And surely you can do better than an ad hominem on your critic's faith?

No, he really can't.

Jack "Savage" Sellner disappears from the Web for long periods of time. One presumes when things get slow for him he reappears, usually slinging a few unprovoked attacks my way. He is extremely bitter that I do not believe "Hikuta" to be a viable system and has been inconsolable ever since my very first Hikuta review.

B

Black Bear

Oh, you reviewed his videos? Didn't know that. Can you post the link? This is Iron Mongoose, by the way.

Iron Mongoose aka. Black Bear, the Angry Laser Monkey. Yeah, I know it makes a lot of sense.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Notice

Concerning Mr. Savage -
Mr Savage has been banned due to his personal attacks and thread hijacking.

We have removed some of his posts to restore the hijacked threads. Please let the matter drop.

Thank you.

-MT Admin Team-

Latest Discussions