Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for a quick recovery!!

Mike

DavidBenson

White Belt
Reaction score
Matt, the attitude's the hardest part of recovery...and I'd say you're doing just fine!

I ruptured my ACL (2000), but went on to compete and earn two additional dan rankings. Go slow, be patient, and don't try to second-guess your therapist!

Kinda got choked up with your comment about the class doing "your share" of the exercises - very cool.

Best wishes!

David

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
!!!

Folks, this rep drive for Matt is really taking off—it's such a great thing to see—makes me feel so good! Thanks to all who've helped the good work along. :asian:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're in my prayers for a speedy recovery, Matt! I'm sure you'll exceed Terry's number of posts by the time you're able to train again:) .

Are you still able to suit up & help teach? Or are one of those folks who couldn't do that without kicking?

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Good luck Matt! As for your doc's comments, when I had my acl recon. I elected for the nerve block so I could stay awake and "watch" the surgery on the monitor as they went. My surgeon said he was glad the video doesn't have sound cuz as soon as they went in the profanity was flying! Ex. 'Oh holy "crap" why is that there?' and plenty of 'What the ____?!?!?!?"

Not exactly what you want to hear in the OR!! :)

PS here's a little rep for ya!

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tried, it said no, do I need a certain level before I can rep matt?

Hi Wade, you've got more than enough clout at the moment to rep Matt and get him up toward that last dot before the star—but there's a limit on rep awards to a certain number in a 24-hour period, and there's also an obligatory 10-rep cycle before you can rep someone again. So it might be either of those... what does the little box say when you try to do it?

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
That I don't have permission and to log on and try again. I tried to rep a couple others and I keep getting the same response. Snif.......

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That I don't have permission and to log on and try again. I tried to rep a couple others and I keep getting the same response. Snif.......

Wade I will check for you but you should be able to rep. sorry you are unable

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks terry. Being snowed in here in the frozen NW, running low on Jack and now this, ahhhhhhhhhhhh damn, life is hard.....................:)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks terry. Being snowed in here in the frozen NW, running low on Jack and now this, ahhhhhhhhhhhh damn, life is hard.....................:)

Snowed in, OK. The frozen NW, well, lived in coastal BC for more than fifteen years, it can happen. But out of Mr. Daniels??????? That's BAD!!! :wink1:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Clear your internet cache and try again (usually under Tools in all browsers). If that doesn't work, PM Bob and let him know.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Kacey, did that too........................BUT! all is not lost, found a bottle of Jack I had put away for my son in law, so, all most all is right with the world. Oh wait, that didn't work either...OH BoBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!

Latest Discussions