Regarding the future of TKD

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Id love to see a breakdown of all tkd in the world and what percentage is part of what orgs. for exampe wtf, independent, itf etc. I know it would be impossible to do but it would be very interesting.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not a moderator, but I play one on TV.

Many of the discussions here are of interest to me, but get sidetracked by pointless sniping or plain bickering. I haven't reported any posts or neg-repped anyone, but I will say that it is at a point where it is difficult to enjoy the discussions.

I see a lot of responses that are very defensive, but where the poster is answering a question that was never asked or offering rebuttal to a point that was never made.

These discussions would go much smoother if everyone would take the time to actually read one another's post and try to understand what others are saying rather than building a rebuttal the whole time they're reading.

Also, coming at people with a terse, impatient attitude is a sure way to set them at odds with you. No matter how tired one is personally of having the same discussions over the years, MT is full of new people and people that you have never had these discussions with. So lightening up a bit might be be the order of the day.

I'm not calling anyone out because this is not confined to any one person.

Daniel

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is more than one senior in my organization - for them all to die is unlikely

That all your seniors will die is guaranteed, right? Or do they plan on living forever?

Latest Discussions