A promising new direction

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A couple of well known GM are putting together a US sanction TKD association that looks very promising. They are looking into forming this group for the sole purpse of traditional TKD without the bell and whistle. No more being promoted by people just for the money and this will be a place for all TKD'ers to get back to the roots of some of the older kwons of Korea,

I cannot say anything more until finish dotting all the I and crossing all the T's. this maybe a good thing in the future for the betterment of the growth of American TKD.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A couple of well known GM are putting together a US sanction TKD association that looks very promising. They are looking into forming this group for the sole purpse of traditional TKD without the bell and whistle. No more being promoted by people just for the money and this will be a place for all TKD'ers to get back to the roots of some of the older kwons of Korea,

I cannot say anything more until finish dotting all the I and crossing all the T's. this maybe a good thing in the future for the betterment of the growth of American TKD.

Whoa... it's happening sooner than I anticipated (but not one picosecond sooner than I was hoping for...)

Keep us posted on this, Terry... I wanna join, like, last week.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whoa... it's happening sooner than I anticipated (but not one picosecond sooner than I was hoping for...)

Keep us posted on this, Terry... I wanna join, like, last week.

Will do and for the record you pronaly know them, I'm just not at liberty to say until the paperwork is done.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I look forward to hearing more when you can say more!

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So this is brand new right?
The US Taekwondo Won was supposed to be that sort of thing and my instructor was in on the planning of it (although as a low man on the totem pole), but it turned too political too fast and we didn't stick with them.
I hope this works out better! Please let us know sir!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I trained old school TKD and this is very nice to hear.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So this is brand new right?
The US Taekwondo Won was supposed to be that sort of thing and my instructor was in on the planning of it (although as a low man on the totem pole), but it turned too political too fast and we didn't stick with them.
I hope this works out better! Please let us know sir!

Yes it will be a brand new organizaion with no ties to any other org. They would like to see serious Martial Artist involved and grew from there, in there views the watedown and shameful people trying to ,ake claims that are totally false should be unned out of the Art. I'm hoping for a more unified front when they all come together.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score

Can you (and other tkd schools) run your school without it, or do you need an association backing your name to run it?

AoG

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can you (and other tkd schools) run your school without it, or do you need an association backing your name to run it?

AoG

It is not so much having an association to back your school, my school has been independent from orgs. We allow our member to join so they can do certaain tournamentsbut it is not reqiured. I'm glad to see someone trying to bring back the old school to the forefront with more of approach to the Sd principle without nickel amd diming scholl owners to death. This may help bring TKD back to the front in a good way and not that of McDojo's.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Sounds very promising, can't wait to see how this develops!

foot2face

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can you give us a hint about who these GMs are, at least a little something on their background? Please :)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is not so much having an association to back your school, my school has been independent from orgs. We allow our member to join so they can do certaain tournamentsbut it is not reqiured. I'm glad to see someone trying to bring back the old school to the forefront with more of approach to the Sd principle without nickel amd diming scholl owners to death. This may help bring TKD back to the front in a good way and not that of McDojo's.

Good answer.
:)
Keep us updated on its progress. Many of us are itching to know who will be involved.

AoG

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can you give us a hint about who these GMs are, at least a little something on their background? Please :)

I reckon he's sworn to secrecy, f2f. But it sounds like it won't be too long before the news is out... Terry, are there announcements planned in e.g. TKD Times?. I'm not dead keen on it, too many fluff columns and goody-two-shoes stuff about character and virtue etc., but a lot of the TKD community probably does read it, from time to time at least...

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

This sounds pretty cool Terry. It looks like your in the loop regarding this process. Are you sitting in on meetings or on a board of directors for this association or anything like that?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This sounds pretty cool Terry. It looks like your in the loop regarding this process. Are you sitting in on meetings or on a board of directors for this association or anything like that?

No I'm not on any board do not not see that happening, I'am a very good friends with one of the leaders and have been for a longtime. I am unable to say who they are but they are major players and are very well known for the most parts.

I am not sure if they plain on being in TKD times or not but will find out.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Uh oh, as soon as Tae Kwon Do Times is mentioned, I tend to tune out.

Sounds good on paper, but it really depends on who's involved.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Once it's a done deal and the news is out, I don't see why it shouldn't be announced everywhere. That's how you get people involved and buying in. Hopefully it will be announced (and bought into) everywhere.

Latest Discussions