Question about the Electronic Hogu

armortkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone either know or knows where to find the criteria from the WTF on the the PSS on how much force is required to score on the hogu?
Obviously, weight divisions play a part but is there a formula that has been published. Thanks!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Wade let me ask you this question what is the USAT going to do know since the Lajust system has been rejected by the WTF? Can or will Lajust refund or buy back the equipment that has been purchase or is the school owner just up the creek without a paddle? I am trying to be serious because I have been ask by some school owner wondering and not being able to get a clear answer from USAT, I thought you might have some insight for them.

OP
A

armortkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wade, where can I find the info from the USAT? Thanks

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry, this in my opinion only: The USAT also has a contract with Lajust and it will probably continue to use it at the state level and above. I hope so. I really hate it when a leg or arm kick wins a match just because it sounded awesome. There are even some local tournaments out here, PTC and the USWC being 2, that are using Lajust in their black belt divisions. I doubt that Lajust will buy back any equipment, and why should they. The equipment was sold in good faith and works the way it should most of the time, and before you jump on the "most of the time" comment. My computer works the way it should "most of the time" also and I have no intention of getting rid of it. :) We have the Lajust system in our school and will continue to use if for our competition team training.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
armortkd: I don't have the paper work in front of me but as I recall: and these numbers were different from Orlando last year so by next year they might be changed again. but up to 8/9, the power was set at 38 lbs. We had no 10/11 so I don't know those numbers. 12/13 was set at 40 lbs. 14/17 was set at 65/66 lbs of pressure. Ashley, my WC middle weight, who won gold in San Jose was set at 68 lbs. I think the mens divisions were set at 70.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, this in my opinion only: The USAT also has a contract with Lajust and it will probably continue to use it at the state level and above. I hope so. I really hate it when a leg or arm kick wins a match just because it sounded awesome. There are even some local tournaments out here, PTC and the USWC being 2, that are using Lajust in their black belt divisions. I doubt that Lajust will buy back any equipment, and why should they. The equipment was sold in good faith and works the way it should most of the time, and before you jump on the "most of the time" comment. My computer works the way it should "most of the time" also and I have no intention of getting rid of it. :) We have the Lajust system in our school and will continue to use if for our competition team training.

Wade I am OK with Lajust for most of the time, I guess USAT would need to change over for it to be recognized by the WTF, correct? I also hope they would make some type of statement as to what they will be doing for the US Open soon so the competitors would know what is going to be used.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry, Lajust "is" recognized by the WTF and as the USAT is hosting the US Open I have no doubt that we will be using Lajust there.
Fisk, thank you, that is the power sheets used in San Jose this year. I got into running class and forgot all about bringing them home to post.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wade what I understand is the WTF is cutting ties with LaJust because of the strong arm tactics they have tried to use. I would think USAT would switch over to what the Olympics will be using. I would see it as a dis-advantage for our team to use one when the WTF would be using something different.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wade what I understand is the WTF is cutting ties with LaJust because of the strong arm tactics they have tried to use. I would think USAT would switch over to what the Olympics will be using. I would see it as a dis-advantage for our team to use one when the WTF would be using something different.
Well, what I have heard is that WTF will be going back to Triggers. USAT may do the same. Just something I heard.

OP
A

armortkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Fisk!!! That's what i was looking because I couldn't remember when I saw it. Have an engineering buddy who is going do some work for me. Thanks again!!!

Latest Discussions