Pressure Point Style?

toejam

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been doing kempo for just over 3 years and it looks like I'm going to have to change schools due to some issues. We were doing pressure points. Does anyone know what styles would be good to study that incorporate a lot of pressure point knowledge??

Toey.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
toejam said:
I have been doing kempo for just over 3 years and it looks like I'm going to have to change schools due to some issues. We were doing pressure points. Does anyone know what styles would be good to study that incorporate a lot of pressure point knowledge??

Toey.
Sorry to hear you are running into some glitches in your journey.
Keep Training!!!

Check out www.Kyusho.com
They should be able to help you out and then some!!!

Your Brother
John

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you have to change schools. In Modern Arnis we incorporate a lot of pressure point usage. :) Good luck finding a new school!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tarot said:
I'm sorry to hear that you have to change schools. In Modern Arnis we incorporate a lot of pressure point usage. :) Good luck finding a new school!

Tarot,

No disrespect just looking for clarification. Could you ask Dan M, if the points were taught by GM Remy, MoTTs, Datu Worden or by one of his other systems he teaches?

Thank you
:asian:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Many Chinese and Okinawan schools utilize pressure points in their styles. Let us know where you are moving and we may be able to help you find a school.

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It is my understanding The Professor often referenced pressure points during his teaching. He didn't openly teach them out of respect for Dillman, but did point them out. Some of his students researched them a little further and incorporated them into MA. Which, IMO, makes perfect sense. A lot of the moves in MA already put one in a position where the PP on your opponent because easily accessible. Why not use it? It seems to me that while he didn't teach them, the Professor was aware of their value.

And one MOTT that I know of who does teach PP in his curriculum is Master Smith. I was able to briefly attend one of his sessions at a camp and found it most helpful.

I hope this answers your question Rich and helps clarify things for you. :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tarot said:
It is my understanding The Professor often referenced pressure points during his teaching. He didn't openly teach them out of respect for Dillman, but did point them out. Some of his students researched them a little further and incorporated them into MA. Which, IMO, makes perfect sense. A lot of the moves in MA already put one in a position where the PP on your opponent because easily accessible. Why not use it? It seems to me that while he didn't teach them, the Professor was aware of their value.

And one MOTT that I know of who does teach PP in his curriculum is Master Smith. I was able to briefly attend one of his sessions at a camp and found it most helpful.

I hope this answers your question Rich and helps clarify things for you. :)

I knew that GM Remy would teach when asked and also would explain for those who listened.

I also knew that Master Smith as well as Believe that Master Zawilinski has some knowledge as well.

Thanks just curious. :)

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
every style does in some way. you have to have a target after all. Genkotsu and Atemi waza focus on it, HEAVILY.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Don't worry too much about pressure points style. Find a martial art school that has an Instructor/fees that fits you.

You may have to visit as many as you can....it will open you eyes to other arts you may have not consider before. New learning should never stop.

Try looking at Judo too.....and other Kempo schools.....Best of Luck to you....Aloha

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I knew that GM Remy would teach when asked and also would explain for those who listened.

I also knew that Master Smith as well as Believe that Master Zawilinski has some knowledge as well.

Thanks just curious. :)

I have also learned the basic pressure points from my instructor, Frank Shekosky. I am only a beginner in my Modern Arnis training, but I know I will learn more advanced ones down the road. I think it is found in most styles. I also incorporate it into my kenpo and kempo training/teaching.

As for finding a school, liek other has said, find one that makes you feel comfortable and that you will enjoy your training.

Latest Discussions