Posture & Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

kung fu fighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't see loading as meaning to hold or to tense up. That would be "bracing." You can load into your structure without bracing.
The biomechanics that you are using in your video is certainly better than bracing and is superior to 99% of the wing chun out there, trust me I've done my research! however force flow is that elite 1% which it does not work on lol

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
What you are doing is not the beginning of the hydraulic mode, why should he mislead you or others in order to apease you.

---Navin. I have pointed out multiple times now that Hendrik put up videos about the "hydraulic model vs. mechanical model." He gave a simple demo and explanation and said that there was nothing mysterious about it and it isn't "woo woo." I show a video that demos exactly the same action he is showing on his videos (at least to the non-expert observer) and rather than say WHY this is not the same as his "hydraulic model" (when to the casual observer it looks like the EXACT same thing)...instead he dismisses the whole thing and says that none of us get it. How is that NOT misleading? How is it asking him to "appease" anyone by simply expecting him to explain what he is talking about and how it is different?

You think he can just "filling in the gaps" of what took him over 40 years of daily training to get to, it's not that simple, one have to go through the training process in order to fully understand it.

---But wait. Hendrik said it wasn't mysterious or "woo woo" and really implied it was quite simple. He doesn't understand why no one on the forums "gets it" from his posts and his video clips. Now you are saying that its not simple and one has to "go through the training process in order to understand it." Then why is Hendrik posting? Why is he purporting to be so interested in "education" on the forums? If this is not something that can be grasped or explained from a biomechanical standpoint, then how is it relatively simple and not "mysterious"? I'm afraid I'm a bit confused and more than a little frustrated with Hendrik. And remember, I've tried to be on "his side" throughout all this.

Hendrik is the Grandmaster/gatekeeper of Cho Hung Choi's Yik Kam wing chun Branch, which is the oldest surviving linage of wing chun. you guys have no idea of the vast wealth of knowledge that he has, He should be respected and appreciated for what he shares on here instead of you bickering with him all the time.

---Navin, do you not see that he brings all this upon himself in the way he presents his material? I have no doubt that Hendrik has a wealth of information to share. What Hendrik needs is to train someone that understands well what he is about, and then have that someone be his spokesman on the forums. He needs someone with English as a primary language, someone that understands biomechanics well, and someone that has lots of experience in Wing Chun.

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hendrik is the Grandmaster/gatekeeper of Cho Hung Choi's Yik Kam wing chun Branch, which is the oldest surviving linage of wing chun. you guys have no idea of the vast wealth of knowledge that he has, He should be respected and appreciated for what he shares on here instead of you bickering with him all the time.

Kung Fu Fighter,
I hear what you're saying...BUT, Hendrik is not going to get any respect or appreciation while he treats the rest of us like some half-witted morons. He also is not going to get anywhere in his so-called 'grandmastership' while he continually and consistently redirects any feedback, questions, etc directed at him.
Look dude, it comes down to this: Hendrik, his ancient wing chun, and his gang, may be the baddest wing chun mo-fo's on this planet...but look at it from our perspective! He has been asked repeatedly to show his superior method in a more combative/dynamic setting...yet all us "common folk" get is more of the "go to biofeedback lab" or 15 minute videos of Hendrik in mortal combat with his wooden dummy trunk in his backyard.
Iphone or not, hydraulic or not, 7 bows or not, worms crawling/snakes sliding or not...I'm happy that you, Robert, Sergio, Hendrik, etc have found true enlightenment...but enough is enough man! I could just as easily say: "hey, everyone, look over here! I've discovered / created a missing link about long lost wing chun! Oh, and Hendrik doesn't know what I know because his body / awareness just isn't conditioned for it and therefore could never understand what I know. "
I could create an "8 bows" and "warp drive" engine for my new creation...
He (Grandmaster Hendrik) would be incensed if I always redirected / ignored any of his questions (from multiple forums over years).
Anyway, sorry for the long post...

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kung Fu Fighter,
I hear what you're saying...BUT, Hendrik is not going to get any respect or appreciation while he treats the rest of us like some half-witted morons. He also is not going to get anywhere in his so-called 'grandmastership' while he continually and consistently redirects any feedback, questions, etc directed at him.
Look dude, it comes down to this: Hendrik, his ancient wing chun, and his gang, may be the baddest wing chun mo-fo's on this planet...but look at it from our perspective! He has been asked repeatedly to show his superior method in a more combative/dynamic setting...yet all us "common folk" get is more of the "go to biofeedback lab" or 15 minute videos of Hendrik in mortal combat with his wooden dummy trunk in his backyard.
Iphone or not, hydraulic or not, 7 bows or not, worms crawling/snakes sliding or not...I'm happy that you, Robert, Sergio, Hendrik, etc have found true enlightenment...but enough is enough man! I could just as easily say: "hey, everyone, look over here! I've discovered / created a missing link about long lost wing chun! Oh, and Hendrik doesn't know what I know because his body / awareness just isn't conditioned for it and therefore could never understand what I know. "
I could create an "8 bows" and "warp drive" engine for my new creation...
He (Grandmaster Hendrik) would be incensed if I always redirected / ignored any of his questions (from multiple forums over years).
Anyway, sorry for the long post...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Re "grandmaster". Wong Kew Kit(sp?) is Hendrik's senior in his art- you might google him.You might also google cho family arts in SE asia.
It's quite jumbled- much of it often mixed with hung ga and choi li fut- though Hendrik siphons all that stuff out to "keep" old" pure" which happened to be validated.Lots of folks these days watch huge amount of videos including the grandmaster and create their stories.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
nap time

kung fu fighter

Green Belt
Reaction score

Re "grandmaster". Wong Kew Kit(sp?) is Hendrik's senior in his art- you might google him.You might also google cho family arts in SE asia.
It's quite jumbled- much of it often mixed with hung ga and choi li fut- though Hendrik siphons all that stuff out to "keep" old" pure" which happened to be validated.Lots of folks these days watch huge amount of videos including the grandmaster and create their stories.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
nap time
There was two martial arts taught by the Cho family, one for the public which was a mixture of wing chun, choy lay fut, and hung ga, and pure wing chun transmitted by Yik Kam that was reserved only for the Cho family bloodline. Wong Kew Kit(sp?) may have very well started his training before Hendrik, however he learnt the public version mixture. Hendrik was the adopted godson of GM Cho hung Choi so he had the privilege to learn the pure Yik Kam wing chun that was reserved only for the Cho family bloodline.

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't see this as offensive, but I might phrase it as "Up to now, no one in this forum has indicated that they comprehend what I am presenting yet."

... which is true, isn't it? Nobody has said, "I get it. It's like this ..."

Now, the problem could lie in the transmitter, the message, and/or the receiver. Or, most likely, the medium. ;)

Thanks and appreciate!

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
There was two martial arts taught by the Cho family, one for the public which was a mixture of wing chun, choy lay fut, and hung ga, and pure wing chun transmitted by Yik Kam that was reserved only for the Cho family bloodline. Wong Kew Kit(sp?) may have very well started his training before Hendrik, however he learnt the public version mixture. Hendrik was the adopted godson of GM Cho hung Choi so he had the privilege to learn the pure Yik Kam wing chun that was reserved only for the Cho family bloodline.

It is not a secret that my late sifu express to my siheng dai he don't like the way Wong knew kit change the set he taught Wong.

Wong is not an indoor student like my other siheng dai and myself. This can be a public record.

I am not the god son, but my sifu tread me like a son , I have letters from my sifu to proof this. As for how much Infomation I inherit from him, there also written record. but that is not the point.

The point is the power generation mechanics . Get Navin into a physic lab, and let the scientist rate his
Force flow generation

Last edited:

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score

nap time

You don't even know what I am talking about. Why jump gun ?
Since Phil Romero is close to you. Ask him on my art before you jump gun

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You don't even know what I am talking about. Why jump gun ?
Since Phil Romero is close to you. Ask him on my art before you jump gun
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course I don't know what you are talking about much of the time.
You do need help.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It is not a secret that my late sifu express to my siheng dai he don't like the way Wong knew kit change the set he taught Wong.

Wong is not an indoor student like my other siheng dai and myself. This can be a public record.

I am not the god son, but my sifu tread me like a son , I have letters from my sifu to proof this. As for how much Infomation I inherit from him, there also written record. but that is not the point.

The point is the power generation mechanics . Get Navin into a physic lab, and let the scientist rate his
Force flow generation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For it to be interesting there has to be testing before and after he has been exposed to your snake-
wouldn't you say? Or is that distinction not important.?

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Doubtful...but perhaps you could meet them in a special biofeedback lab where you can view all the data you want! :D
(but not touch hands...), besides, why would you want to get all that hydraulic fluid on you!?!?!?!?!?
Well I am planning to go to HK soon to visit some friend friends, I will try to find Sergio .... It would be interesting to see how their stuff works against non complying opponent

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Zuti,

Navin, Robert, or Sergio all have developed the force flow with me. Navin can represent me on this subject
That is why I want to meet you , you should be the best because you are the source of these stuff ,. Why putting a "representative" between us , I want simple chi sao section , it doesn't have to be long , a minute or two that is all I need.

VT_Vectis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This right here has made reading this thread worthwhile, for me, at least. "Before and after he's been exposed to your snake..." Ha! Genius.

Anyway, I have to say that although I bow to you all in being my seniors and knowing far more than i do about Ving Tsun, this thread is a fine example of what is wrong with WC, CMA and TMA in general.

Just get in the ring and stop belly aching on line. Who cares who has "the oldest", "the most snake like", the Force (flow). As long as you can use VT to do what it's there for ie. twat someone in the face and do it well, then you could be using the badger force engine for all I care.

You want the oldest? Go take up English Classical Pugilism, it's got a documented, provable history longer than any CMA, and there's no confusion about the generation of punching power. Failing that just do VT for functionality, for gods sake if you can use it, you've got the real deal, the secret sauce, the snake/crane engine.

Remember it's meant to be Simple. Direct. Effective.

With respect, and tongue firmly in cheek,your brother in VT.

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Why don't you ask Cho gar people what they have to say about Hendrink being grandmaster \gatekeeper of anything.

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
I care less to be agr
I seriously doubt I will ever go Canada , but if , by some miracle , I come , I will contact you

instead of keeping posting on Looking for Sergio in this forum.

It is well known that
Sergio is in Taiwan now meeting wcners and other style martial artists, check out his Facebook and contact him .

No point to keep posting here , we are not Sergio.

Last edited:

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
Why don't you ask Cho gar people what they have to say about Hendrink being grandmaster \gatekeeper of anything.

Can you focus on the topic?

It doesn't matter what others option on me. And I care less.

You want yo know the facts.

Navin have gone through the sixteen hours of six core elements training, ask him how his skill compare With before the training.

Or even better, since you have claim to have lots of contact, fix Navin up with physics lab, pay for the expense for the force flow objective monitoring , and post the result.

It is even better if you can go to Taiwan university for the same experiment or post a video on how yourself perform. Keep talking on good opinion doesn't get to these solid facts.

Last edited:

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Navin gone through the sixteen hours of six core elements, ask him how his skill different.

Good idea!

Navin,
Can you describe to us what the sixteen hours of six core elements consisted of and how it impacted your skill?
*in order for your response to have weight, could you also tell us what your skills, training, etc was like before you received the 16 hours, etc?
Thank you.

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
You care for the oldest, most authentic.....gate keeper....etc?

I care less....

My bottom line is here. Let the facts speak for itself

This right here has made reading this thread worthwhile, for me, at least. "Before and after he's been exposed to your snake..." Ha! Genius.

Anyway, I have to say that although I bow to you all in being my seniors and knowing far more than i do about Ving Tsun, this thread is a fine example of what is wrong with WC, CMA and TMA in general.

Just get in the ring and stop belly aching on line. Who cares who has "the oldest", "the most snake like", the Force (flow). As long as you can use VT to do what it's there for ie. twat someone in the face and do it well, then you could be using the badger force engine for all I care.

You want the oldest? Go take up English Classical Pugilism, it's got a documented, provable history longer than any CMA, and there's no confusion about the generation of punching power. Failing that just do VT for functionality, for gods sake if you can use it, you've got the real deal, the secret sauce, the snake/crane engine.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, things are getting a little heated, again. It's clear that some of you will just never see eye to eye.
If this is the case, I strongly encourage you to use the sites IGNORE feature.
Continuing the current exchange of insults and sniping will only result in thread being locked and points being issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions