Politics Sub Forum?

Should MT add a Politics sub forum to the Study?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

• No Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i'm just a couple hours from the border myself....

on the subject on the political forum...like others have said...the heavy political discussion is most likely a result of the close election(one week)...If there is going to be a change maybe it should wait until after the election to see if it is still necessary...

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think a sub forum would be good. Then we could devote the rest of the study to history, philosophy, literature, the sciences, the discussion of fine wines and cuisine.

Or something.

Regards,

Steve

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Politics overlaps into EVERYTHING... religion, current events, everything. There's no way to separate it.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nightingale said:
Politics overlaps into EVERYTHING... religion, current events, everything. There's no way to separate it.

Nightingale,

I agree it all overlaps.

I see it as if they post in the Politcal forum then the thread should be bases upon or expect politics and or political views.

Where if it is in the study, then the theory and or medical or technical or philisophical or religous aspects can be addresed hopefully without all the politics. I see it as being difficult, one many a thread going either way, yet, it might keep things separated, or allow for discussion to go into a new direction.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excellent suggestion, Rich.

Personally, I can recall a few times when a properly political discussion got turned into religion and philosophy (National Prayer Day thread), as well as a few when a properly religio-philosophical discussion began to involve political affiliations (Why Do You Believe? thread).

While the two are clearly not mutually exclusive, as Nightingale pointed out, I think it is preferable to have a clear dichotomy between the two subjects to make the discussions a little more enjoyable and straightforward.

:asian:

R

raedyn

I dunno, I think it's reasonable to let a conversation evolve naturally - within reason.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, but when we're discussing religion, spirituality, and the reasons thereof --- and someone starts talking about "those godless Democrats" --- then it gets a little wacky.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going to wait for about a week after the US election and see if things die down before rolling out a new forum.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
I'm going to wait for about a week after the US election and see if things die down before rolling out a new forum.
Bob, the lawsuits may drag on for more than a week. I would expect that to "flavour" the discussion somewhat.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have that area on my other board....... :D

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Go for it. I'm sure there will be plenty to debate. With Bush it will be another war with Kerry I dunno.

Now about picking on Canadians. It's international day at my college so I could go to the canadian table and do that butt they have hockey sticks and lots of them. SO no. So if that happens and Bush win's it'll be war with Canada.

Latest Discussions