Perth police assault?

OP
sgtmac_46

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
The problem is mate that we live in a country where voting is compulsory , so even the stupid and disinterested people get to vote. For example we have in New South Wales a state government that is absolutely incompetent , they can't do anything right .

The hospitals are a mess , public transport is a mess , every where you look its a shambles . But they keep getting re-elected because every time it gets close to an election they will start making announcements that will appeal to the hip pocket nerve and the morons amongst us get taken in by it and vote them straight back in again.
That's unfortunate.......but it reinforces something i've long suspected......MORE participation in the Democratic process does not equal a BETTER democratic process.......more EDUCATED participation, but not just quantity for the sake of quantity.

bradtash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey guys,
this was on 60 minutes last night.
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=805747

the reason why there were no police belts was that the fight happened across the road from the police station and the police officers ran outside to break it up.

i think it is pathetic how these days there is such a lack of respect for police officers. people are listening less and less these days to police officers and assaults on police are becoming more common.

this was an example where the man responsible should of been persecuted to show an example to others that attack police officers.

you have to love how the offenders original story claimed that he accidentally fell on the police officer WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP then once he knew there was a video he changed his story.....

anyway, i believe more needs to be done to protect our cops.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

the reason why there were no police belts was that the fight happened across the road from the police station and the police officers ran outside to break it up.

i think it is pathetic how these days there is such a lack of respect for police officers. people are listening less and less these days to police officers and assaults on police are becoming more common.

this was an example where the man responsible should of been persecuted to show an example to others that attack police officers.

you have to love how the offenders original story claimed that he accidentally fell on the police officer WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP then once he knew there was a video he changed his story.....

It's "prosecuted" not "persecuted." They sound similar, but the meaning is quite different. I usually ignore typos... but this particular one screamed for help!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I think in the case of no police belts, they were better off, because it would have been a free for all with weapons. Totally out of hand situation.

OP
sgtmac_46

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
hey guys,

I agree completely......probably the most effective action would be modifying the standard accepted ROE's, institute new training standards and use of force standards, and allow the cops to protect themselves.

This situation mainly seemed to be one of officers who were either unsure of their authority, not given the proper authority to deal with the situation, and/or not given the proper training........and the result was that, what should have been a simple brawl that could have been brought under control in a few seconds with the proper application of appropriate force, became a huge ordeal.

The appropriate level of force for that incident from the very beginning was baton strikes, Tasers and/or OC spray, applied aggressively until all combatants were subdued.