Parker or Lee

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
TigerFist said:
http://www.tracyskenpokarate.com/Kenpo%20vs.%20American%20Kenpo.htm

"Parker was promoted by Chow to 1st degree so that he could teach on the mainland. There is much speculation on whether his 3rd from Chow was real or forged due to the fact that Chow claimed he didn't talk to Parker after giving him a 1st degree black"

The story then goes that Parker, in 1964, went from 3rd to 6th Dan in a hotel room in Long Beach before the tournament because that would be the rank suitable for one hosting the tournament.
Here's another interesting story:
Mary Ellen Tracy, known as Sabrina Aset to her flock, found herself in court for her unique teachings "...in which a man absolves his sins by having sex with church priestesses," (Forth Worth Star Telegram, 2 May 1990, sect. 1, p. 7).

After the men's sins are absolved by Sabrina Aset's rituals, "the men then leave a `sacrifice,' usually money..." (Indianapolis News, 9 Sept. 1989, p. A3).

Mary Tracy, "...testified that the church did not require `members' to give out their last names after receiving or inquiring about church services. She said the church in most cases only kept members' first names and phone numbers," (Star Telegram).

According to Mary Tracy and her husband, Wilbur, their church, The Church of the Most High Goddess, which boasts a membership of approximately, "2,000 male followers" is "...the oldest religion in the world, dating back to 3200 B.C. They said aspects of the religion are found on Egyptian scrolls," (Indianapolis News).

The Tracys explain, "...they formed the church after God instructed them to revive an ancient Egyptian religion...," (Star Telegram).

When asked about other priestesses in the Church, the Tracys said, "They are unable under current law to encourage women to become priestesses because the post requires that they first have sex with 100 men," (Ibid).

"Assistant City Attorney Bryon Boeckman said authorities believe the Tracys are using religion as a front for prostitution," (Ibid).

In Mary Tracy's own words, "I've always been very willing to do what God required, whether to be monogamous or to have sex with a few thousand men," (Indianapolis News).
Let me see... There are a few things here that bring your source's credibility into question.

(1). Will Tracy seems to be selling his wife.

(2). Will Tracy claims to recieve communications from god.

(3). Will Tracy and his wife are avoiding prosecution for prostitution by hiding behind the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

It seems to me that this particular individual has some very deep seeded issues, and/or has a very big problem with telling the truth.

Jagdish

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
Don't know. I never heard it referred to in any other way.

Sir:

I know there are other filipino and indonesian systems that employ some type of rebound when they engage their opponent's arm in order to fastly make a second blow.

However, slapping oneself seems to be so unique (of course, applied appropiately) ...i read in a website that splashing hands came from Shaolin Temple...Do they really have this type of knowlege? It doesn't seem to be in any derived systems from shaolin.

Yours,

Jagdish

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jagdish said:
Sir:

I know there are other filipino and indonesian systems that employ some type of rebound when they engage their opponent's arm in order to fastly make a second blow.

However, slapping oneself seems to be so unique (of course, applied appropiately) ...i read in a website that splashing hands came from Shaolin Temple...Do they really have this type of knowlege? It doesn't seem to be in any derived systems from shaolin.

Yours,

Jagdish
Actually I don't really know that much about its origin. As far as Chinese Interpretations go, its rather new and is said to originated around the end of the 1600's.

This is the style that Parker drew his own unique methods from in the beginnig of his Chinese Kenpo, and in many ways he mimicked the Somoan Haumea Lefiti who trained under Ark Wong exclusively in Splashing Hands. To the untrained eye it looks a lot like "motion-Kenpo."

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is a Sifu McNeil teaching the splashing hands system, of which he claim was the art taught to Shaoloin temple bodyguards-whether thast is the case or not??

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Kai said:
There is a Sifu McNeil teaching the splashing hands system, of which he claim was the art taught to Shaoloin temple bodyguards-whether thast is the case or not??
In my opinion, I would say no. "Splashing Hands" was not that old, and was considered "modern street fight gung fu" in the fifties and sixties. Sometimes the corollation betwen it and motion-kenpo are uncanny. It didn't contain a great deal of the information of the "traditional Chinese Arts" but was very effective quickly.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Doc said:
"Splashing Hands" was considered "modern street fight gung fu" in the fifties and sixties.

Sometimes the corollation betwen it and Kenpo are uncanny.
yeah...... Ed Parker's version is called "Slashing Hands"

:whip:

Jagdish

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
In my opinion, I would say no. "Splashing Hands" was not that old, and was considered "modern street fight gung fu" in the fifties and sixties. Sometimes the corollation betwen it and motion-kenpo are uncanny. It didn't contain a great deal of the information of the "traditional Chinese Arts" but was very effective quickly.

Sir:

From your post i deduct that then there is more knowlege taught by Master Ark Y.Wong to Master Parker.

Nerve Caivities and vital points then do not belong to splashing hands, right sir?

Yours,

Jagdish

Jagdish

Green Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
yeah...... Ed Parker's version is called "Slashing Hands"

:whip:

OMG...
...you mean with iron shirt/hand training , right sir?

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jagdish said:
Sir:

From your post i deduct that then there is more knowlege taught by Master Ark Y.Wong to Master Parker.

Nerve Caivities and vital points then do not belong to splashing hands, right sir?

Yours,

Jagdish
In general, correct.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have seen this system name in print, but know nothing of it. Is it really a foundation of Epak? I think its kinda kewl to trace some history, and appreciate those who can lend a hand. Thanks for the insights,Doc,G7, et al...

By GOD'S Grace,
Donald 1st John 1:9

SwedishChef

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
Here's another interesting story: Let me see... There are a few things here that bring your source's credibility into question.

(3). Will Tracy and his wife are avoiding prosecution for prostitution by hiding behind the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

It seems to me that this particular individual has some very deep seeded issues, and/or has a very big problem with telling the truth.
Sounds like Tracy should hang out with Chong Su Nim "Iron" Kim. :)

SwedishChef

Orange Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
It was not a Sport. Until 1980s. Wu Shu was used by the Chinese Actors in Kabuki for many years before 1980
He may have meant chinese opera. Jackie Chan and Jet Li got their training there I believe.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
Here's another interesting story: Let me see... There are a few things here that bring your source's credibility into question.

Better watch it Billy! Talk like that will get you kicked out of the association, and deleted from the extremely accurate Tracy family tree.

:whip: :whip: :whip:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sigung86 said:
Better watch it Billy! Talk like that will get you kicked out of the association, and deleted from the extremely accurate Tracy family tree.

So Dan really is alive. I knew that rumor was false.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
So Dan really is alive. I knew that rumor was false.

Hi Ya Doc!

Yeah I'm still alive, mostly I just read anymore, but I thunk I'd better protect young William from the HAMMER OF DIS"***"OCIATION. :ultracool

BTW ... Congratulations on an apparent Tour D'Force in the UK.

Next time we talk, ask me about my BaGwaZhang and XingYiChuan. Resetting the front foot, and anatomical alignment and like that....
:supcool:

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sigung86 said:

The Tracy's can't kick me out of something I was never a part of, and I'm not worried about their tree. It seems they're doing a fine job cutting it down all by themselves. Besides, they've kinda missed the forest for the trees haven't they? There's a whole world of martial artists out there that we can learn from, while they continue to issolate themselves.

:uhyeah:

Latest Discussions