Our one flaw

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was looking for that one that no matter how hard you try it just will not go away...

Terry, when you word it like that I have to ask the Zen question: Is it not going away because you still think subconsciously, in some way, that you need it? What need is it meeting for you? What does it help you 'hide' from?

Taking that perspective sometimes gives valuable insights...I know it did for me.

Carl

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, when you word it like that I have to ask the Zen question: Is it not going away because you still think subconsciously, in some way, that you need it? What need is it meeting for you? What does it help you 'hide' from?

Taking that perspective sometimes gives valuable insights...I know it did for me.

Carl

Carl I believe it is my way of not letting my gaurd down, one of my biggest problems is never showing weakness no matter what, I know silly at my age but growing up in a military household with my father being the mean Marine that never fails it was hard and I find it even harder as I get older. I am alot better today than I was thirty years ago but still it is hard sometimes to relize certain people are better and wiser than you. Fear is a funny thing in ones life and my journey is forever findinh enlightment somewhere in it.

Latest Discussions