Opening a school?

thesensei

Green Belt
Reaction score
My instructor told me that as a brown belt, I could only promote to 2 levels below me. When I reached 1st dan, then I could promote to one level below. He is now 4th dan, so he can promote to 3rd.

Salute,
Jeremiah

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Professor White,

What great words! Always an inspiration. Hope all is well sir.

With great respect,
Joshua Ryer

Hello Josh
All is well. I hope the same for you and your students. I have enjoyed your "On The Mat" series. It is a great service to kenpo. Keep them coming.
I am sure your school is going well with your enthusiasm and commitment to our art.
I hope you make it out for Frank Trejo`s IKC.
Respectfully,
Bob White

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bob White said:
Hello Josh
All is well. I hope the same for you and your students. I have enjoyed your "On The Mat" series. It is a great service to kenpo. Keep them coming.
I am sure your school is going well with your enthusiasm and commitment to our art.
I hope you make it out for Frank Trejo`s IKC.
Respectfully,
Bob White

Professor White,

Great to hear from you sir! Thank you for the kind words regarding the "On the Mat" Series. The school is doing pretty good... just keep working on improving! :)

Unfortuately, I will be unable to attend the IKC's (as much as I would really like to be there).

But the great news is I am getting married this weekend :) So we are getting pretty pumped up about that!

Anyway, it is always great to hear from you and I wish you the very best!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

K

kenpochad

dubljay said:
I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially Mr. White. THe adivce given has exceded my expectations, and has helped me not only define when someone can become an instructor, but also what an instructor truely is.

Thank you.

-Josh
Good luck on the your decision what ever it may be

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
True2Kenpo said:
But the great news is I am getting married this weekend :) So we are getting pretty pumped up about that!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
That is great news Joshua. Congratulations!!!

I have been married 4 years now....it's awesome.

The wedding day can be a little stressfull - hang in there, the journey begins thereafter.

God Bless my friend.

Jamie Seabrook
www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

Latest Discussions