One weapon only? - Exludes ALL firearms

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
A newbie to the forum so I apologize if this thread is found uninteresting, and if so PLEASE tell me how to delete it - You can choose ONLY ONE weapon for home (firearms excluded) - Which one would be your preference? If you want to give a reason that might help newbies too - Just food for thought.

A sword. Before guns, swords were perhaps the most effective weapon that could be carried around.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A sword. Before guns, swords were perhaps the most effective weapon that could be carried around.

A little to unwieldly for indoors for "home defense" IMO...unless you are talking about a Wakizashi sized blade.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A little to unwieldly for indoors for "home defense" IMO...unless you are talking about a Wakizashi sized blade.

Yeah I have a long narrow hallway from our bedrooms out to living areas. Not much room for sword play. Great fatal funnel for my AR however.

OP
Old Iowa Man

Old Iowa Man

Reaction score

I'm really thinking that this thread maybe makes people think a little about reality - Experience, training, space, budget, size of weapon, type of weapon(s) and other things - There's a lot of difference between a $25.00 hammer or machete than a NICE Damascus bladed piece of cutlery - I was a professional custom knife maker/ designer for companies and "Special" people for over 20 years and made pieces as time went by prices rose and since I was also a professional engraver/teacher for 15 years even I couldn't afford some of the things I made - But that been all over for a long time but still fun to think back - I'm thinking everyone does the best they can with what they have and what works for them - Just more jibber jabber - OIM

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score

I would also use a dagger for backup and for close quarter fighting.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

There is absolutely something to be said for the outright "killing power" of a Hawk...you need to do a good sentry removal probably nothing better.

I'd still go with a fixed blade if it was "only one weapon" personally. The hawk still really needs "swinging room" I could employ a good knife even if a BG had me in a solid RNC or was ground and pounding on me.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is absolutely something to be said for the outright "killing power" of a Hawk...you need to do a good sentry removal probably nothing better.

I'd still go with a fixed blade if it was "only one weapon" personally. The hawk still really needs "swinging room" I could employ a good knife even if a BG had me in a solid RNC or was ground and pounding on me.

Yeah I was going strictly on cool factor. Pull that sucker out and any bad guy is going to think oh crap wrong house

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A Glock. (But Carol, he said no firearms!)

I don't disarm so easily.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest Discussions