One drop of water added to an Ocean

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings,

My name is Will and I'm new.

My Martial Arts History, I am the ADD of Martial artists :( Jeet Kun Do most recently 1 year, insert 15 year break, TKD originally 1 year, Karate 6 months.

So while I know lots of theory and I've read and studied quite a bit my practical knowledge is limited.

I hope to increase my knowledge and be guided by the experience of those here.

So hello world!

--Will

P.S. If anyone knows of a Ninjutsu or JKD school in Bay Area California I'm in the market to try this process again. I'd prefer someone that teaches philosophy as well as martial arts.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometimes that one drop in an ocean can make a world of difference... Welcome to MT and enjoy your stay!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Will and welcome to MT---it's good to have you with us, and there are a lot of people on this board who do both JKD and Ninjutsu. I'm pretty sure that you'll have a ton of good info before too long---look forward to hearing from you about your training.

OP
I

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks all!

I'm reading and reading and reading and reading and reading :). It is daunting for Ninjutsu simply trying to figure out which is real and which is fake. The forum is excellent and I may even stop off at a Dojo listed on one of the reference sites tonight!

I have yet more questions but I shall refrain while I research them on the boards to ensure I'm not duplicating peoples kind efforts to educate me.

Hmm this board needs a spell check for my spelling in english is poor my spelling of various other languages is worse.

--Will

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks all!

I'm reading and reading and reading and reading and reading :). It is daunting for Ninjutsu simply trying to figure out which is real and which is fake. The forum is excellent and I may even stop off at a Dojo listed on one of the reference sites tonight!

I have yet more questions but I shall refrain while I research them on the boards to ensure I'm not duplicating peoples kind efforts to educate me.

Hmm this board needs a spell check for my spelling in english is poor my spelling of various other languages is worse.

--Will

Will---one of our ninjutsu experts, Brian vanCise, has just posted an extremely informative message in response to another new member's query about the different schools of ninjutsu and their specializations. Let me dig around and see if I can find the thread name, and will get back to you---it may be something you haven't come across yet.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Will---find the thread started at 9:03 this morning by Delian titled `an "extreme" newbie' and go to post 11 in that thread. That should give you a lot to work with...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice handle and title - welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

OP
I

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Kacey :) I was just in Denver Monday and Tuesday for a conference I was speaking at.

Oh and exile thank you very much I went right over and read it. Quite a great article I find it strange that this information is less main stream than other Martial arts. Perhaps it isn't and the lies associated with it just obfuscate the truth.

I seriously had no idea a virtual community like this existed. I'm so pleased with having found it I'm almost insufferable at work!

Needless to say none of my co-workers want to start training with me ;)

--Will

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you Kacey :) I was just in Denver Monday and Tuesday for a conference I was speaking at.

Oh and exile thank you very much I went right over and read it. Quite a great article I find it strange that this information is less main stream than other Martial arts. Perhaps it isn't and the lies associated with it just obfuscate the truth.

I seriously had no idea a virtual community like this existed. I'm so pleased with having found it I'm almost insufferable at work!

Needless to say none of my co-workers want to start training with me ;)

--Will

It's usually like that at the beginning. The hardest part is getting `set up'. Once you've found a school and have been training for a while, it's vey likely you'll have plenty of people who you can train with either at your dojo or outside, when you're `doing homework'.

BTW, don't be shy about going directly to the Ninjustu forum and posting a request for information there about schools in your area or whatever.

thesensei

Green Belt
Reaction score
P.S. If anyone knows of a Ninjutsu or JKD school in Bay Area California I'm in the market to try this process again. I'd prefer someone that teaches philosophy as well as martial arts.

Well, I must admit I know nothing of Ninjutsu, and next to nothing of JKD, but I'm a Kenpo guy in Dublin, and always interested in new training partners! So, if this is the part of the East Bay you're in, give me a holler.

Salute

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..Make yourself at home....

Latest Discussions