OH Hyeon-Deuk - new Kukkiwon president

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OH Hyeon-Deuk - new Kukkiwon president...any thoughts? What do people think?

OP
TrueJim

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What does belt rank have to do with administrative ability?

I made this same point this morning on Facebook. When you're selecting a new university president, you don't pick the best teacher. You pick the best administrator. I'm not saying Master Oh will necessarily be good...my point is just that maybe having an administrator might not be a bad thing -- it's too early to tell.

Note though that I wouldn't advocate having a no-dan run the Kukkiwon, any more than I would want a university president who's never taught at all.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made this same point this morning on Facebook. When you're selecting a new university president, you don't pick the best teacher. You pick the best administrator. I'm not saying Master Oh will necessarily be good...my point is just that maybe having an administrator might not be a bad thing -- it's too early to tell.

Note though that I wouldn't advocate having a no-dan run the Kukkiwon, any more than I would want a university president who's never taught at all.

That's kind of my point.
Dan rank indicates ability as a martial artist and teacher (or at least that is the theory; we all know plenty of exceptions). Which has pretty much nothing to do with ability as an administrator.