Obama = Marial arts Spirit.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If you take a martial art, chances are its roots are from Asia. Chaun Fa Kenpo for example. Chinese in origin. Brazillian Jiu Jutsu obviously Japan to Brazil. Now I'm taking Escrima from the Phillipines. Am I Filipino? Chinese? Japanese? Brazillian? No I'm not African American either. But I don't feel I have to vote for a President because he's white. I want the best man for the job. We take marital arts but they are outmoded. We can use guns automatics, even lazers these days, the list goes way on. So most people don't take martial arts for just the "martial," war aspect. When you take it you learn about another culture. Barack Obama is not White Anglo like John McCain. His partial ancestry is different to most of us. African directly from Africa. He is not Muslim despite the smear tactics of some. He is part of the great American melitng pot, same melting pot similar to the world of Marial arts. Do you have take martial arts only from the countires of your ancestors? Do you have to marry someone only from your same ethnicity?
Or is it okay to take Chinese, Filipino, and Japanese arts?
Obama= the marital art Spirit. Vote for that spirit.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. So, since I'm a martial artist and I choose to study a Japanese art I should vote for Obama based on that? I'm not following your logic.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
What's up with all the threads on "race" in the race all of sudden?

Race has no bearing on the issues facing our country right now. Gas prices don't discriminate. The economny doesn't discriminate. Falling stock prices do not discriminate...all of our 401K's are in the toilet right now. We're all in the same boat; black, white, brown, polka-dot, plaid, blue eyes, hazel eyes, blondes, burnettes, bald people, tall people....

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
drifter, just a heads up.

you like obama

we get it

but you are going an a feeding frenzy of posting, and it is getting more and more.........out there

first saying that if we dont vote for him we are closet racists, and now saying that martial artists should vote for him.

it is really making me wonder if you are getting paid.

this is not a slam, but just some friendly advice

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
drifter, just a heads up.

you like obama

we get it

but you are going an a feeding frenzy of posting, and it is getting more and more.........out there

first saying that if we dont vote for him we are closet racists, and now saying that martial artists should vote for him.

it is really making me wonder if you are getting paid.

this is not a slam, but just some friendly advice

I don't think he's getting paid. I think he is just another volunteer Obamessiah disciple.

But this post is WAY out there, Drifter.

McCain is the warrior — a warrior with HONOR. And that, friend, is martial spirit — refusing to go home before every POW that was taken in first is released first.

Being of mixed heritage does not a warrior make. Nice try, though.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
As for the OP... Um, ok, whatever mows your lawn, dude.

More seriously, I have to disagree with celtic_crippler. Race is going to have a big impact on this election. There are plenty of people in this country who will refuse to vote for a black man simply because he's black. Yeah, it's racist and stupid, but it's reality.

So I should vote for Obama...because he's black?

I am. But then again, I am a strange bird.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
As for the OP... Um, ok, whatever mows your lawn, dude.

More seriously, I have to disagree with celtic_crippler. Race is going to have a big impact on this election. There are plenty of people in this country who will refuse to vote for a black man simply because he's black. Yeah, it's racist and stupid, but it's reality.

I am. But then again, I am a strange bird.

I said race had no bearing on the issues, not the election. I'm fully aware of the ignorance that still exists in the world. Some people will not vote for him because he's black, and some will for the same reason.... some will vote for him simply because he's on the Democratic ticket and some will not because of the same.....without ever once giving serious consideration to his actual platform ....it's sad and disappointing.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
sorry, got to say it

NOT voting for someone because of thier race? stoopid

you can guess what I think of voting FOR someone because of thier race

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you take a martial art, chances are its roots are from Asia. Chaun Fa Kenpo for example. Chinese in origin. Brazillian Jiu Jutsu obviously Japan to Brazil. Now I'm taking Escrima from the Phillipines. Am I Filipino? Chinese? Japanese? Brazillian? No I'm not African American either. But I don't feel I have to vote for a President because he's white. I want the best man for the job. We take marital arts but they are outmoded. We can use guns automatics, even lazers these days, the list goes way on. So most people don't take martial arts for just the "martial," war aspect. When you take it you learn about another culture. Barack Obama is not White Anglo like John McCain. His partial ancestry is different to most of us. African directly from Africa. He is not Muslim despite the smear tactics of some. He is part of the great American melitng pot, same melting pot similar to the world of Marial arts. Do you have take martial arts only from the countires of your ancestors? Do you have to marry someone only from your same ethnicity?

I agree with others that your logic does not follow.

Your logic presumes that I am racist and I am not.

You logic makes a leap at the end without any proof.

I personally do not like Barr, but I have voted Libertarian in the last few elections. So, I am at a cross roads. Do I stick to my over all view or do I vote for a person.

Or maybe I will just be racist and a sexist, because if I do not vote for Obama I am racist and if I do not vote for a ticket with Palin then I am sexist. So, maybe I might vote some other party than Libertarian just to show my disgust with them all and hopefully more people can try to label me.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, maybe I might vote some other party than Libertarian just to show my disgust with them all and hopefully more people can try to label me.

I've come to the conclusion:

Our disgust matters to them not.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK first of all, learning about other cultures and being ruled by other cultures are two different things. Secondly the "spirit" of Martial arts does not involve imersian into another culture. It may come with the package but... spirit?
Sean

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If by taking away all of our other weapons so the only thing we have to defend ourselves with is our hands than yea he does....

Latest Discussions