Time for me to leave

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so here will do.

I think it is time for me to go, if I have 15 minutes to post I should honestly devote that time to training, if nothing else 15 minutes in “san ti”.

However I wanted to post this and one last thing before I go. I will get to the other thing later.

There are some very good people on this site that are very knowledgeable and I have learned a lot in my short time here. I have also been amazed at how much I do know and more often at how much I don’t know. There have been some run in from time to time and part of this is to apologize to 2 of those I have had run ins with, although I think I may have apologized to one a couple of times already.

In this past couple weeks however I have had a couple of run ins that basically say it just not worth getting that upset over a webpage and it is time to at least take a break if not leave all together. And although I do not believe I should add someone to an ignore list because that person may have something interesting to say later that I could benefit from by reading, I have been very tempted the last couple of weeks to do just that.

I want to say thank you to all, even for the couple of times my wife saw me laughing out-loud in front of the PC and just re-enforced her belief that I am crazy. I gotta work on the evil overlord thing East and West Coast. (Inside joke – kinda)

I believe I owe and apology to Heretic888, I feel I just got off on the wrong foot in this situation and I should have not reacted as I did. Heretic888 is a good example of why I do not have an ignore list. I have learned a lot from your posts.

Another I should apologize to, although I think I already did, is Phil. You have great convictions for what you believe and that is a commendable trait. And I do think we probably agree on more than either of us realize or would admit, but there are things that we are just on opposite ends of the spectrum on. This is a good thing, it is how people learn and without opposing opinions the world would be a very dull place indeed.

Sorry to you both for my loss of temper and condescending tone.

There have been some battles and for that I feel I need to apologize to the moderators for any problems I many have caused. For the most part I do believe you do a very good job at moderating. At times may have felt you were over zealous, but then I also understand that when you see things as often as you do you begin to know where to intervene and it is not being over zealous it is being knowledgeable.

I also am sorry I did not get back to finish the Liu he ba fa stuff. It is not an easy trace. Basically it seems to point to a Taoist that locked himself up in a cave, carved the stuff into the wall and died. Many years later someone found the cave, copied the carvings or what was left of them and added the stuff he knew and Liu He Ba Fa was born. I have no idea if that is true or not.

Finally I do not have vast experience with posting on sites such as this, (There’s a big surprise – could be why I am so slow on the uptake sometimes, I do not know the shorthand) but of the 4 I have been on I feel this one is by far the best.

Long way around to say it’s time for me to go, I have not snatched the pebble form the masters hand and I am certainly not going to move the burning cauldron with my forearms, I am just going to stop posting, at least for awhile.

Thank to all
Xue Sheng

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue:

Take time to reconsider. I have found your posts intelligent and welcome.

If, however, you feel you must go, I (for one) understand.

Be well and prosper.

egg

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The decision is yours, ultimately, but for me I'd like to see you here and posting. Perhaps an agreement with yourself to only post in something like the humor forums. Hope to see continued input from you.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Please reconsider giving up? All of us have going thru what you have been experiencing.

I have cause many of people on this forum...to disagreement! with myself. and confusion? (even I cannot understand what I said..afterwards..sometimes). "OK" everyone do not have to agree on (everytime)!!!

No one can change your thoughts or hurt you by not agreeing. The one of the reasons for this forums is to share information, gain new knowledge,BE ABLE TO DISAGREE and still be friends.

Yes sometimes their comments do "HURT"....stick and stones may break my bones..but words do not hurt me"...remember this old saying?

We all have one life...be strong..do not let other..destroy you with their words. Stand strong on your beliefs. and you will be stronger in your life.

It is easy to give up because of others (what they say). They win if you give up here.

Most of us have two ears to listen with..but a great mind to know what we want to except and discard those we do not want to keep.

Pain hurts but goes away most times... words hurts and can hurt more, last longer "if you let it"....Aloha

We do care...please reconsider and let us know..what you will do? .........Aloha

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, One more thing....time heals..past will past by and it will be gone unless you want to keep it.

All of us are not perfect, but we learn as time goes by...sometimes it take years before a lesson is learn.

Look back on your life..and see those things that cause some bad memories? we all have them....but we go on with our lives!

One day if you decide to stay? ..you will look back and say "I'm glad I didn't quit! "All the sharing of ourselves and knowledge has been a part of my life!" "Thank-you forums". .....Aloha

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng,

I just read this and I wanted to say - please don't. I have learned a lot from your posts and your posts make me think.

This is an interesting time for MartialTalk as we have some very head-strong newcomers which can sometimes disrupt the normal flow of conversation here. However, we persevere as does the Talk and seek to continue to open minds and hearts and I would like very much for you to stay and join us in this quest.

I don't see anything wrong at all with your posting style and do hope you reconsider.

If you're interested in helping us forward the vision of the owner here, please stick around and make use of the RTM feature, open conversations with the mentors and moderators, and just keep posting.

Please feel free to PM me and if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Georgia / shesulsa

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, One more add to the one more thing? Sometimes it is best to take a rest ( few days or more)..think about the things you enjoy here on this site.

and come back...try again..see what happens?

The all successful people always keep on trying and do not give up...or they become losers permanently.

.........Aloha

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take a break for a few days or weeks. Heck, you've given me a lot of usefull info and I'd like to keep that coming. Besides, I'll need you around when I finally do find some TaiChi close enough for me to go too. As far as getting your training in, switch back to dialup. I swear sometimes I'd have time to do the long form waiting for some stuff to download.

Jeff

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope you take a few days away to reconsider coming back. You are a valueable member here.:asian:

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try not and take anything that happens here too personally!
We have a coming together of all kinds of people with varied levels of experience, different ways of communicating, and different reasons for being here!
If you take a break, hope to see you back again sometime!! :)
I have enjoyed your posts.

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
You will be missed. I have enjoyed your postings and hope if you leave it won't be for long.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding, why on earth would you leave as you said one of the best forums around. People are going to dis-agree some with tact and other folks without. Does that make it right no, it just is. You have always been filled with some great knowledge, are we not as MA'ers suppose to share the wealth. Take a day or two and I'll see youon Wedsnesday the 20th of April 2006. Have a nice vacation, see you in two days.
Terry

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
i'm with everybody else here. i get happy when i see you've posted on a topic.

forums can be frustrating, but you've helped to mitigate that here. hope to see you about.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd hate to see you go. I think you have been an asset to the site and have stimulated some interesting conversations. Sometimes it is just knowing when to walk away from a specific topic, but that doesn't have to mean leaving the whole site.

Take some time off and maybe reconsider. At times I have felt the way you do, but ultimately I decided the disagreements weren't worth abandoning the community here. Clear your head and then give it some thought. Hope to see you back. If not, all the best.

Michael

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng,

You are an articulate poster and will be sorely missed on this site. I am hoping you are reading the reactions of those posting in this thread and will reconsider your position.

What makes MartialTalk such a fantastic site is the diversity of people that post here. It is sad when one of the pieces to our great puzzle leaves us.

Keep in touch

:asian:
Lisa

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I already said you would be missed with the good rep feature but I will say it here as well. You are a great addition to MartialTalk and I find your posts interesting and informative. Usually I stay out of the study as people in there can express very strong feelings and not always of your opinion. Well, that goes for different forums as well. Neverthless, we are all martial artists, brothers and sisters, and as such we eventually have to forgive, forget or just get along. We probably have all run into bad experiences but mostly the good outweighs it on this site. Take some time off if you must, and then come back! TW

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are leaving. Take care and we hope to have you back posting one day! :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
XS, I hope you will reconsider. Your input is very valuable and I will miss reading what you have to say.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My words are much the same as those othes who have posted. i know that you must make the final move but you did indicate tha it might only be for a time and I hope that is what happens. I have learned from your posts and enjoyed reading most of them.
Enjoy you time training but consider coming back fo you wull be missed

Sheldon

Latest Discussions