no touch knock out??

OP
L

lonekimono10

i still would like to know why he does this stuff?? but i guess they won't say anything, come on there has got to be someone who can say something about this magic show.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think that it's necessary to bait or otherwise insult people here. If somebody would like to engage in this discussion in defence of Dillman or his no touch tactics, fine. If not, insulting them won't compel them to enter into a dialogue with you.

In the meantime, if anyone is so motivated to spend some time researching the reams of stuff that has already been posted here regarding George Dillman and/or the no touch knockout phenomenon, please feel free to peruse these threads:

National Geographic mpeg on Dillman & Co.

Question about G.Dillman

ppko & xequat take a look

Yippiee! More "no touch" knockouts! Yay!

Dillman

Kyusho Jitsu

Steve Stewert: No touch knock out?

More No-Touch Knockouts.

Dillman vs. TCM

Some of these threads are pretty heated. Do me a favour and don't post in them. They're dead. Let them rest in peace.

OP
L

lonekimono10

Hey flat, listen i'm talking about dillman's people ok!!!,
and i did not say anything wrong about anyone,get it right please.
and all the stuff you put on there some don't work, and before i forget
i 'm not trying to get anyone to talk to me about this, just want to know from his people,or maybe you are one of his people:idunno:
so anyway have a good night.:)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Hypnosis is the same? At carnivals they will have a guy call up some people and they can make most of them sleep with little commands. Some people are not easy to to this to.

Does it seems the same for no touch knock-out? Is this a trick to make it look like something else? ..............after seeing the show by National Geographic.

You do not see this in China, Japanese and else where? ...........on a large scale? ..............Aloha

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Let me chime in real quick, first of all National Geograghic came up to Mr. Dillman telling them that they are believers and wanted to see the "death touch" what they did was show only a small part of what actually took place. While I have to admit the video does not show DKI in good light, NG did that on purpose the way that Mr. Dillman was told that they would do the segment was totally different than what they did. Other than that I really have nothing else to say.

sincerely
Joe Morris

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lonekimono10 said:
Hey flat, listen i'm talking about dillman's people ok!!!,
and i did not say anything wrong about anyone,get it right please.
and all the stuff you put on there some don't work, and before i forget
i 'm not trying to get anyone to talk to me about this, just want to know from his people,or maybe you are one of his people:idunno:
so anyway have a good night.:)

Give it a rest.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
ppko said:
Let me chime in real quick, first of all National Geograghic came up to Mr. Dillman telling them that they are believers and wanted to see the "death touch" what they did was show only a small part of what actually took place. While I have to admit the video does not show DKI in good light, NG did that on purpose the way that Mr. Dillman was told that they would do the segment was totally different than what they did. Other than that I really have nothing else to say.

sincerely
Joe Morris
Why would Dillman try a NTKO, and why would he offer such an explaination on film if he didn't want such things floating around?

OP
L

lonekimono10

ppko said:

sincerely
Joe Morris
thank you joe, and like Alan said now i will let it rest:)

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ppko said:

sincerely
Joe Morris
Oh what a surprise, more excuses...

Seriously, does the complete inability to knock down skeptics not strike even you as a little weird by this point ppko? As I summed up on MAP, these are the excuses that we've now heard from just 2 sources:

If you don't believe, you can't be knocked out.
If you wiggle your toes you can't be knocked out.
If you put your tonge on the roof of your mouth you can't be knocked out.
If you're athletic you tend not to get knocked out.
If you're in the 60% of poeple who are resistant, you can't be knocked out.

I mean really, with all these excuses, what's the point?

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think that the point is simply that it's cool. I stated before in a thread about this that I've been to one Dillman seminar and this stuff wasn't mentioned at all. Pressure points and tuite are the backbone of the so-called "Dillman method," not magic tricks and such. Yeah, I don't completely disbelieve in the stuff Dillman does, and there is much cooler stuff that I've seen and DO believe, but what makes Dillman a good martial artist is his ability to control his opponent when he actually is touching them.

It's just chi stuff and it might belong in a Tai Chi or Qigong thread about the toes and tongue and whatnot. I've heard that touching the tongue to the roof of the mouth can help to connect the governor and conception channels, but to quote "Army of Darkness," I know two things about chi...jack and sh*$; and Jack just left town.

I realize that GD is a martial artist and that that means that just about everything he does is expected to have some martial aspect, but maybe he never claimed that he could use this in a fight. Anyone know otherwise?

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Xequat said:
I realize that GD is a martial artist and that that means that just about everything he does is expected to have some martial aspect, but maybe he never claimed that he could use this in a fight. Anyone know otherwise?

Then what's the point if it is totally useless in a real situation ? Especially since he is teaching martial arts. The pressure point stuff might work even against a resisting opponent, but this ?

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
TimoS said:
Then what's the point if it is totally useless in a real situation ? Especially since he is teaching martial arts. The pressure point stuff might work even against a resisting opponent, but this ?
It was for demonstration, people break boards, people still train using nunchucks why for demonstrations and some for traditional reasons. I am not knocking any of the above old weapons training does have some benefits. Lets just assume for a second that No touch is actually able to be done in real life than would it not be a good idea to look further into it to see that it will work. It is better to find out in the dojo that it does not work than in the streets. Just because something does not work for you today does not mean that it will never work for.

Respectfully
Joe Morris

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ppko said:
It was for demonstration, people break boards, people still train using nunchucks why for demonstrations and some for traditional reasons. I am not knocking any of the above old weapons training does have some benefits. Lets just assume for a second that No touch is actually able to be done in real life than would it not be a good idea to look further into it to see that it will work. It is better to find out in the dojo that it does not work than in the streets. Just because something does not work for you today does not mean that it will never work for.

Respectfully
Joe Morris
Come on ppko, it's hypnotic suggestion, nothing more. If you believe it will work, it will work, otherwise it won't. How many muggers do you think will believe it will work?

Breaking boards at least demonstrates that you have some strength, all these stupid ki demonstrations show is that you can fool some people into really believing you're going to affect them, such that their unconscious mind does the work for you.

If there was any decent application of this stuff, it would have to work on more than a handful of people, and being skeptical of it wouldn't be a defence. After all if you don't believe a punch to the face will affect you, that's not a defence.

Oh, and pass on a message to Dillman next time you train with him: tell him not to make up any more crappy excuses, they just sound stupid. He'd get more respect by saying "maybe this technique really is limited" than "maybe he was doing things wrong"

I truly pity anyone who really believes this will ever work against an attacker....

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Aegis said:
I truly pity anyone who really believes this will ever work against an attacker....

agreed.

i also truly pity dillman's son when he get's to college and tells people he can throw chi balls. :ultracool

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folks I know this is a touchy subject but can we please be polite

Some will believe some will not for myself I will disbelieve in no touch knock outs till they have been done on me. Chi I do believe in having seen and felt some strange and amazing stuff. Pressure point work I believe in but not touching m and knocking me out nope

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
Folks I know this is a touchy subject but can we please be polite.

i don't think anyone here has intentions of being not polite or disrespectful. only after the fellow martial artist sees a representation of something that truly does not work, and that representation becomes a reflection of a one-time great martial artist being a victim of his own success; you will hear disappointment, disgrace, and embarrassment. when things such as "no touch knock outs" receive the mainstream media attention they have, it doesn't send a good signal to the otherwise unknowning general public. people who see this crap either do one of two things: believe it's legit and become seriously injured on the street, or take it for what it is, which is hocus pocus sci-fi fraud. the latter of the two mindsets can have a negative impact on ALL martial arts, especially to the studio/dojo owner who feeds their family with the income they receive operating a legit business with a street effective system of fighting.

it is truely a shame, but we aren't the ones that should feel shameful.

:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
Some will believe some will not for myself I will disbelieve in no touch knock outs till they have been done on me. Chi I do believe in having seen and felt some strange and amazing stuff. Pressure point work I believe in but not touching m and knocking me out nope
That's pretty much where I stand. Until it's done to me, I don't buy it. I've seen some strange things in the martial arts--you can call it ki or chi or what have you--and I believe pressure points have some value; but light- or no-touch knockouts, no way.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
Folks I know this is a touchy subject but can we please be polite

Apologies.

My issue is not that it's a bad technique, because usually bad techniques get weeded out by their lack of success. However, after so much testing and development, etc, they still can't knock out a skeptic and still make up what everyone must admit are very lame excuses as to why they fail. It seems that the top guys for this sort of thing are too attached to let go of something which is getting them a lot of respect from people who believe, and probably quite an income to go with it. If this is the case, then they're not caring so much about the martial art, but the parlour tricks and the money!

Latest Discussions