Has anyone knocked someone out with their chi?

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes when I am sparring, my partner will accidently grab my finger and pull....that I find is the opportune moment to release my CHI.....it knocks out my opponent...burns the eyes of any one near enough and sends even the people in the corner of the dojo running away!

I wont even tell you about how quickly people tap out when I am training Judo and I release my CHI!

And it makes no difference how they are standing or holding there toes or where they place there toungues!

Especially if I had Dahl Soup the previous evening (its a curried, bean soup with lots of chilli)!

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If he says he can do it then ask him to do it for you. Ask him to show you with no one else watching, purely because you're interested. He shouldn't take that as a slight on his authority unless he's lying or a nutter or something. If you can't ask him to demonstrate things to you then you're not going to have a great training relationship with him anyway.
Good luck!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok- as a side note, someone in my class was being used as a guinea pig for a defense move, and they looked like one of those people "feeling the spirit" on Benny Hinn. It took all I had to not go into laughing fits the rest of the evening.

Occasionally, there's a certain person that releases chi during sit- ups. One time, I was the lucky one holding their feet, and I had the class laughing like crazy. I had my nose covered- didn't mean to be rude, but I didn't want to have to the nearest trash can. You never know about that sort of thing.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Even if he could do it, could he do it in a fight? Until some guy proves he can do it in the UFC ring, so what if it is possible or not?

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would have to have it done to me to believe it. Maybe it's because I'm a cop and I'm used to people feeding me a line of B.S., but I hear people CLAIM all kinds off things. I mean hey, if I believed them all, everybody would be inocent!

Pax
Cujo

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, I came on here late and I only looked at the first few posts so, I may be saying something that has already been said...

Ask this guy where he supossedly learned this technique, then have him try it on you, then when it doesn't work, ask for a refund for any of the money you ever paid him...

This is the real practical world. No Kame Hame Ha's here.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Blotan Hunka said:
Even if he could do it, could he do it in a fight? Until some guy proves he can do it in the UFC ring, so what if it is possible or not?

I thought about a similar thing after reading the original post. Of what possible use would this be if it could be done?

All I can picture are 2 people engaged in a fight and one saying, "can you wait a minute while I focus my chi and if you don't mind, don't move so I can knock you out with it"

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I once knocked a guy out with my 'Chi'.....(and by 'chi' I mean big right elbow laid along the side of his head).

I remember seeing a video with 'the human stungun'. 'Touchless knockout' heheh.

http://www.bofunk.com/video/2462/human_stun_gun.html

I love the "I can't do the touchless stun on you, because it's 'too dangerous'" I always find the ole' knock 'em out with 'chi' power stuff humorous. It only seems to ever work with 'select' students. I guess if all their fighting on the street are their own handpicked students, it works great.

'Do you feel any heat, any lightheadness?' Only 40% of people are susceptible....they all must be his students. Apparently natural athletes are the toughest to knockout....may explain why he went so easy.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sgtmac 46,

That was a very good video and once again shows
that they can do it with their students but not with
other people who do not believe in them. Not a very
effective technique when someone jumps you and is
out to hurt you and take your money. ( I do not believe
that a criminal is going to believe in you)

Thanks for the video link.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So I'm guessing none of his students are natural athletes. And how does he protect himself with this. He apparently has to stop to build his Qi for a second before he can project it. Excuse me Mr. attacker would you mind waiting a second so I can build my Qi to knock you out. If this is real then the hydraulic lift I walked into 15 years ago must have had loads of Qi

I was in a Push hands class many years ago in Boston and the Sifu (from Taiwan) told a similar story about a guy that came to his school once to demonstrate this very same thing. The guy refused to do this on any of the Sifu's students because, "they were not trained how to take his Qi and I do not want to hurt them"

Sifu responded with, I teach Qi Gong and I have studied it extensively for many years, you can try it on me and do not worry about hurting me.

The guy once again came back with my students are trained by me in how to absorb Qi and I do not wish to hurt you

Sifu's response was your students are trained how to fall down, you can leave now, this is not real.

The No touch knockout guy left.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I had to watched that again.

I have some questions;

if you hit someone in the carotid artery will they not fall?

If you distract their focus first by scratching their wrist and the BANG, hit the carotid will they not be shocked?

If you slap someone wrist and kick them in the Arm pit, will it not hurt?

If you train your students to fall will they not fall?

Ripley's believe it or not......I vote not

OP
Jesse

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
WOW that video, says it all...

Unless it is done on me and there is a group of people there reviving me back, I gotta say this is a BUST.

That was pretty funny when he hit the reporter and she didn't even flinch she just said "Well you just hit me in the head".

Arn't his black belt warriors trained athletes or did they just give them the gi's to impress people to come to his dojo?

T

TheBattousai

I wish he would quietly go away and leave reality alone, if he wants to go and play superheros, he can do it with his friends someplace far away. Thats just my opinion of course

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesse said:
My instructor told me last lesson that he could consentrate his chi so well that he could hold his hands beside someone's head and not touch them at all. Holding it about 3 inches away and he was able to knock the person out.

I kind of find this hard to believe and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this. I would like to know before I challange him to do it to myself.

I'm not saying he can or can't but people are very quick to dismiss techniques because "they" think they don't work. We had an interesting discussion about the straight lead jab because someone though it was ineffective. Heres a partial quote from a friend that hit the nail on the head.

"As far as the poster saying a straight lead can't work , I will write most people perceive things on their own inability or shortcomings. In his own truth perhaps he lacks the skill and know how to execute the straight lead the way it is meant to be."

That is widespread throughout the martial arts and couldn't be any simpler to understand why people say things like "Karate sucks or Kung Fu is weak."

I understand chi a bit but I don't beleive in chi knockouts. Nerver strikes are clearly differant than what you described. What I'm saying is be objective and give your instructor the respect he deserves. When you ask him to show you, be humble about it. Not just for this situation but for all. You'll go a lot farther might not become a punching bag. He'll have an excuse if he can't do it.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
akja said:
I'm not saying he can or can't but people are very quick to dismiss techniques because "they" think they don't work. We had an interesting discussion about the straight lead jab because someone though it was ineffective. Heres a partial quote from a friend that hit the nail on the head.

"As far as the poster saying a straight lead can't work , I will write most people perceive things on their own inability or shortcomings. In his own truth perhaps he lacks the skill and know how to execute the straight lead the way it is meant to be."

That is widespread throughout the martial arts and couldn't be any simpler to understand why people say things like "Karate sucks or Kung Fu is weak."

I understand chi a bit but I don't beleive in chi knockouts. Nerver strikes are clearly differant than what you described. What I'm saying is be objective and give your instructor the respect he deserves. When you ask him to show you, be humble about it. Not just for this situation but for all. You'll go a lot farther might not become a punching bag. He'll have an excuse if he can't do it.

In my honest opinion, you have people saying karate sucks and kung fu is weak, because of people like the human stungun, wearing their PJ's and playing Dragon Ball Z. I think the teacher should be asked to demostrate his "death touch". Until he can produce a repeatable result on an unwilling persont, his teachings should be suspect.