Has anyone knocked someone out with their chi?

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My instructor told me last lesson that he could consentrate his chi so well that he could hold his hands beside someone's head and not touch them at all. Holding it about 3 inches away and he was able to knock the person out.

I kind of find this hard to believe and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this. I would like to know before I challange him to do it to myself.

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jesse said:
My instructor told me last lesson that he could consentrate his chi so well that he could hold his hands beside someone's head and not touch them at all. Holding it about 3 inches away and he was able to knock the person out.

:bs:

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I would be very skepticle of something like this. If you are going to challenge him to prove his claim, you should consider two things. Will challenging him to do this put you in a bad position within the training hall ("How dare he question my authoriTE'!?!")? The other thing to consider is whether or not you can drill one of your clasmates with the Honor of being knocked out by this glorious rsplendant fist (Thank you sir,...can you demonstrate it on....HIM!?!)?

Good Luck
Regards,
Walt

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jesse said:

I kind of find this hard to believe and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this. I would like to know before I challange him to do it to myself.
beings you don't believe ask him to do this to you this will be good for the board post your results

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jesse said:

He is either attempting to fool you, or has succeeded in fooling himself. AVOID.

I definitely recommend that you look at the George Dillman No-Touch KO threads as suggested in OnlyAnEgg's post. I've seen these done in front of me. It's stage magic.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I find that when I try to seduce my wife, my chi is so powerful that she immediately falls into a deep sleep.:shrug:

Jeff
icon7.gif

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jesse said:

As Arnisidor says "It's stage magic."

Jeff

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kenpodoc said:
I find that when I try to seduce my wife, my chi is so powerful that she immediately falls into a deep sleep.:shrug:

Jeff
icon7.gif

[note-to-self]threads littered with smileys should NOT be read while drinking coffee[/note-to-self]

Ahem....back to the topic at hand...

...anyone got a towel?
Regards,
Walt

OP
Jesse

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking "stage magic" also thats why I was going to ask his to try it on me.

I never thought about it after about him getting alittle P.O'ed at me for "challenging" him. Now I don't want to get pinned in his bad books cause then he'll use me as his personal training bag.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There is a similar discussion going on here

http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30096

And let me add, although I believe in internal Qi, I do not believe that someone is capable of knocking me out without touching me, with just Qi alone.

And if someone had a level of Qi training even remotely approaching this, I would expect he/she would be either a Shaolin Monk (full time not 7 year monk) or a Taoist priest of either the Quanzhen sect or Zhengyi sect. People that have devoted their life (24/7/365) to such studies not part of it.

Qi development is HARD, and very few, myself included have the determination to pursue it to great levels.

If I had more time I would relate a story to you that was told to me (and everyone else in the class) by Yang Jwing Ming about a supposed Qi master he asked to leave his school.

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
When someone makes a claim like this, my internal B.S. detector goes off. I have a few questions.

1. Is he planning on using this "chi technique" to help with training?

2. When did he make this claim? Was it before or after you signed up with him?

3. Have you seen it done it yet, or was it done on you? If it was done, which way did the person fall, forwards, or backwards?

OP
Jesse

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
deadhand31 said:
When someone makes a claim like this, my internal B.S. detector goes off. I have a few questions.

1. Is he planning on using this "chi technique" to help with training?

2. When did he make this claim? Was it before or after you signed up with him?

3. Have you seen it done it yet, or was it done on you? If it was done, which way did the person fall, forwards, or backwards?

It I haven't seen him do it thats why i was going to ask him to do it on me. He said it to the whole class when we were doing a chi exercise. And no it wasn't a B.S line to try and get us to join. I had already joined.

K

kenpojujitsu

It is "stage magic" and hype.
Either the assistant pretends to be knocked out in a pre-arranged skit.
Or, the uke is so overcome by anxiety and has been fooled so badly, they just pass out from the trick that thier mind played on thier body. Kind of the same way you see people on the Benny Hinn show fall down when blows on them.

I didn't read all the threads so I may be repeating a story. But Dillman failed once to knock someone out like this. He claimed it was because, unknown to him, the person executed a counter move by either pressing his big toe into the ground or holding his toungue against the roof of his mouth, thus foiling the demonstration to make him look bad.

I would like to see the Amazing Randy take on Mr. Dilliman or any other of these no touch knockout guys on one of his debunking shows and see what happens. I can guarantee you they will refuse the challenge.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kenpojujitsu said:
It is "stage magic" and hype.
Either the assistant pretends to be knocked out in a pre-arranged skit.
Or, the uke is so overcome by anxiety and has been fooled so badly, they just pass out from the trick that thier mind played on thier body.

Or the social pressure to not embarrass their instructor. I believe that that's a likely explanation, and I refer to these as 'social pressure knockouts' myself. I don't think it's generally mesmerism, just simple human psychology.

I didn't read all the threads so I may be repeating a story. But Dillman failed once to knock someone out like this. He claimed it was because, unknown to him, the person executed a counter move by either pressing his big toe into the ground or holding his toungue against the roof of his mouth, thus foiling the demonstration

I saw precisely this occur (toe positioning) at a George Dillman weekend camp in Indianapolis several years back.

I would like to see the Amazing Randy take on Mr. Dilliman or any other of these no touch knockout guys on one of his debunking shows and see what happens.

Yes, until the Amazing Randi signs off on it, I won't buy it!

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There's a thread "1 inch punch" in Wing Chun or something like that. A link to a video is in there with some kind of David Blaine guy doing a variation of the no touch knockout. Kind of funny to watch. It's all BS, though.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I liken it to someone hypnotizing somebody else. The person
being hypnotized has to allow themselves to submit to the
hypnotist. Once they do that, the hypnotist can work their
trade. In other words if you do not give in or allow a No touch
Knockout Master to do this to you, it will not happen. Might
be a big, big surprise for the No Touch Master when someone
does not respond accordingly. (provided they have bought into
their ability to do it on anyone)