Has anyone knocked someone out with their chi?

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For all the skeptics of Chi Knockouts..I can show you conclusive video footage of me knockig out just normal people with my chi!

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like the way Alain Sailly put it; Oh yes we have to find my Ki! Where is my Ki?

A misunderstood concept indeed. sigh. :rolleyes:

Suntail

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I personally believe in chi, but I know there are alot of frauds out there. So, I think you should just ask them to demenstrate on an unbiased subject. Or better yet subjects. Involve yourself in the demenstration. If it works, great. If not... are you still going to trust him?
Keep in mind, one fraud doesn't disprove anything.

Just my opinion.

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My instructor would say the same thing, but then he would be looking around to see who is going to call BS first. Is your instructor a jokester?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I was in a Push hands class many years ago in Boston and the Sifu (from Taiwan) told a similar story about a guy that came to his school once to demonstrate this very same thing. The guy refused to do this on any of the Sifu's students because, "they were not trained how to take his Qi and I do not want to hurt them"

Sifu responded with, I teach Qi Gong and I have studied it extensively for many years, you can try it on me and do not worry about hurting me.

The guy once again came back with my students are trained by me in how to absorb Qi and I do not wish to hurt you

Sifu's response was your students are trained how to fall down, you can leave now, this is not real.

The No touch knockout guy left.

Previously posted

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I picked up the current issue of Classical Fighting Arts (Issue #8). The publisher's editorial discusses the National Geographic special, and says surprisingly plainly:

...ch'i, a phenomenon which all evidence proves does not exist...discounted repeatedly in the past...

It's a lengthy piece that is unequivocal, blatantly mocking the tongue-and-toe position comments and quoting from James RAndi's site (where he compares "Ch'i-throwing" to "bull-throwing"); it also serves as a lead-in to a long and well-footnoted article by Hary Cook entitled "Reflections on the Power of Ch'i and the Martial Arts" (Part I).

In my opinion, Classical Fighting Arts is one of the very few worthwhile martial arts magazines on the market. Black Belt's story would have been "Ch'i: Could Bruce Lee have used it to Stop Terrorists?" or the like.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think chi is grossly mis-understood. When "linked" to "stories" of the no-touch chi then it becomes unbeleivable. As far as the story disproving chi. Its one mans story. His proof to be interpeted. Theres enough "realistic" stories in favor of chi to "recognize" it. But recognizing it and understanding it are two differant things.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I hear the word a lot, as our Gracie Jiu Jitsu classes are held at at a school also housing an IWTA (WingTsun) program and accupuncture. but they don't refer to it as some holy energy.

Re: Has anyone knocked someone out with their chi?

I think I choked a guy out with chi once. I had his back, and sunk in a really tight Mata leao....