ninjutsu tossing pebble idea

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at this point, your thread has turned into a bunch of people basically laughing at you. In part, this is because of your refusal to answer simple questions.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That's like the joke
A: I have the force, want to see me force push you?
B: BS.
A: 20 bucks says I can.
B: Deal
A Licks his hand and moves it towards B's face. B backs up.
A: Told you, now where's my 20?

I did this multiple times in high school. It worked every time, but only one person actually paid me the money..
I'm going to try that on my 12 year old now.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Huh?

I am not even sure what the original poster is actually asking. I even tried to "google" that word and nothing even came up to try and get a better historical background of what they were asking.

First, the ninja (and many other warrior traditions) would throw an object to misdirect attention and avoid detection. There is nothing mystical or magical about that.

Is the intent to put some type of "chi" into the pebble so it has some effect on the person that picks it up?
Or, are you supposed to select and "infuse" one pebble and then throw a whole bunch up against the wall and then be able to "psychically" find that specific pebble?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I want to watch the movie he mentioned, to see how it's used there. I haven't seen a bad ninja movie in ages.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
51M78%2BAa3bL._SY445_.jpg

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's not "kinda like" myth. The facts are quite straightforward. If you throw a rock, it makes a noise. If you throw it at something breakable, you might break it. If you throw it at something particularly soft, it might not even make a noise.
So again: what did you think would happen?
Another thing to add to the lost even though it adds to the first one. If you throw it at cardboard with enough strength then you can penetrate it. In this case, cardboard is portrayed as "soft" or "breakable"
A question: Let's say you were superman and had superstrength. Then if you threw the pebble at a brick wall and the wall crumbled into pieces, would the wall be "soft"?

Latest Discussions