Ninjutsu schools in Virginia Beach???

Grappler

White Belt
Reaction score
I am very interested in Ninjutsu.Have a blackbelt in taekwondo,used to box,took about a year of submission wrestling,and currently take BJJ.However i have always been interested in ninjutsu.I recently decided to partake in a journey to find a good school,or hell any school near me.

I found Tidewater Bunjinkan Dojo,but they seem to be shut down.The website is vague no phone number no address,just an email.I sent a email and it was sent back saying the server doesn't exist.I called other bujinkan dojos who were affiliated with them,left several messages askin if the tidewater dojo had been shut down with no replies.There also used to be a place called Virginia beach ninjutsu which is def shut down for sure.

Anybody know of a good ninjutsu dojo in or around my area?The closest one i can find is a 2 hour drive from me:(I live in Virginia Beach Virginia incase the post name didn't catch on hehe:)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a dojo locator search on their site for you and here are the results:

http://www.onibujin.com/page.php?na...=United+States&s=dojos&p=find&pg=&process=yes

6 dojos found page 1 of 1
Dojo Name Location Contact
Bujinkan Shima Dojo Richmond, VA [email protected]
Bujinkan Yamajika Dojo Charlottesville, VA [email protected]
Richmond Budo Richmond, VA [email protected]
Roanoke Bujinkan Dojo Vinton, VA roanokebudo (at) cox.net
Taka Seigi Dojo Virginia Beach Virginia Beach, VA [email protected]

Good luck!

OP
G

Grappler

White Belt
Reaction score
I did a dojo locator search on their site for you and here are the results:

http://www.onibujin.com/page.php?na...=United+States&s=dojos&p=find&pg=&process=yes

6 dojos found page 1 of 1
Dojo Name Location Contact
Bujinkan Shima Dojo Richmond, VA [email protected]
Bujinkan Yamajika Dojo Charlottesville, VA [email protected]
Richmond Budo Richmond, VA [email protected]
Roanoke Bujinkan Dojo Vinton, VA roanokebudo (at) cox.net

Good luck!

Once again im screwed over.Taka Seigi Dojo in va beach is of course shut down:(I guess Virginia doesn't take well to ninjutsu.Ty for trying though.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richmond is a reasonable trip for training at least once a week or so. Arlington, VA is a little less reasonable, but not undoable. Check out DC Bujinkan. If nothing else, they may be able to point you to someone closer...

Mtn Crow

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Brother,
The Tidewater Bujinkan Dojo is still going strong. The website is vague on purpose as I do not want to post too much of my personal info on the web, we are a private dojo. I have been in and out of Iraq and so has the guy who built the website so we really have not updated it. You are more than welcome to come train with us if you are still interested. I can be reached at [email protected] for any further questions. We have class tonight.
Banpen Fugyo,

Joe

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
shame i didn't read this earlier, I have been near Richmond for some military training and could have been doing some training at a ninjutsu dojo, now i will be leaving soon

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Chris Parker your pathetic attempt to be derogatory towards me shows your true spirit, which has obviously been little impacted by all your high level training.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks,

Lets chill a bit ok? If you're having an issue with someone, RTM the post, otherwise, use the ignore button.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
If they accepted you, son. And that could be a very big "if".

Without going into an argument here, Chris does have a valid point for a very simple reason. It is against the rules of all 3 X-kans to be a member of any other ninpo / ninjutsu organization. I don't know how strict this is enforced within Bujinkan, but in Genbukan it is. If you call whatever you do your own style of ninpo or ninjutsu, then by definition that does disqualify you and you would not be allowed to join another org.

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
valid point or not, Chris knows the intent of his post, and it is largely an insult to refer to someone you don't know as "Son". Fact is, his animosity towards me is probably fear based and reveals his self loathing insecurities. So much for the more esoteric teachings of his higher level and legitimate ninjutsu training.

I am guessing this group would have let me train there no matter what my background, seeing as dollar bills speak much louder than "tradition" these days.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, I was going to leave this, and heed MJS's very sage advice. But if you're going to return with this, then I'll add and clarify, as I'm sure the OP is not around to be upset by their thread being disrupted. That said, this is it, okay?

I didn't want to bring up your history earlier, or I would have linked to your earlier threads for the perusal of the audience. But to briefly recap, you have no experience in Ninjutsu (which is fine), but you continue to use the term (incorrectly), combined with your childish gibberish language (Kug Maky Ung), as well as terms that have very specific religious overtones (Shugen), with no attempt to understand, learn, or demonstrate any real interest or respect for whatsoever. You have been corrected many times over such things, and been guided towards legitimate schools (you even spoke at one point about attending a seminar held by Brian R. Van Cise, although not in Bujinkan/Ninjutsu, and made no mention of learning that art from him), only to have you complain that we are reacting from "fear". We're not. Get that idea out of your head.

I personally have no real animosity towards you, and certainly have no motivation from "fear" or any form of "self loathing". You may be projecting a fair bit there. What I do have where you are concerned is a lack of respect, as you have a complete lack of respect for the art you are trying to use the name of, as evidenced by you never really making any effort to learn from what you were being told by people who have been training and studying this art for decades. If you want to come back to the Ninjutsu forum and ask realistic intelligent questions, or even simple dumb ones, and are willing to take the answers on board, then great. But based on your posting here, and your continued use of your made-up base-less art using the name "ninjitsu", I don't see that happening.

As far as the group letting you join in, I sincerely hope not. If you come across in person anywhere near the way you do here, you wouldn't be allowed in my school, that's for sure. And if the person taking the class had seen any of your earlier threads, I'd suspect that they may take a similar tact. As said, it is a private dojo, which means they will be rather selective as to who they allow to train there or not. It's nothing to do with your background, but in your approach to these arts, which has been less than ideal to say the least.

Now, Emilio, you may have been offended by my refering to you as "son", but that was done for a very good reason. You continue to live in a fantasy land of your childhood imaginings. So, no matter your chronological age, you will be thought of as behaving like a child (in fact, this thread is no different).

Oh, and just to demonstrate that your understanding of such things is incredibly limited, you really have no idea what the "higher levels" and "esoteric training" of Ninjutsu are, or what the results are supposed to be. You said that I have "shown my true spirit", well, good! But you seem to misunderstand things quite badly again there. If we are talking martial arts, then a martial artists spirit should be one that does not hesitate to cut down things which should not be there, to excise aspects that are destructive, and to not hesitate to act in defence of their ideals. Which is what I did, and am doing. So you missed the boat on that one, I'm afraid....

If you want to understand the Ninjutsu traditions, then I will be here to answer any and all legitimate questions you have. But you will need to demonstrate that you are genuine, as there has never been the slightest indication of that in the past, and continues to be absent now.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
valid point or not, Chris knows the intent of his post, and it is largely an insult to refer to someone you don't know as "Son". Fact is, his animosity towards me is probably fear based and reveals his self loathing insecurities. So much for the more esoteric teachings of his higher level and legitimate ninjutsu training.

I am guessing this group would have let me train there no matter what my background, seeing as dollar bills speak much louder than "tradition" these days.

As I said I don't know about Bujinkan, nor am I knowledgeable about Jinenkan, but in any Genbukan dojo you would be turned away no matter how many dollars you wave around. Genbukan is really strict about application of the rules as set down by Tanemura soke. No matter how high in the hierarchy someone is, if he does not follow the rules he is gone.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see how arguing about whether a particular person will be permitted to train with a particular dojo is more than tangentially related to the original topic... Maybe we can drop that here, and leave the thread to the issue of which ninjutsu training halls might be located in the Virginia Beach area...

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION USERS:

Please return to the original topic and keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Remember to use the Report to Moderator button or the Ignore button if necessary.

~Craig Mills
MT Super Moderator

Latest Discussions