Ninjutsu Everywhere!!!

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Everything I know about ninjas, I learned from the GI Joe cartoon and this Barenaked Ladies song -

I woke up this morning and everything was different
Something was strange in the air
I woke up this morning and everything was different
I knew that the Ninjas had been there.

I looked all around my bedroom, underneath the dresser
Behind the bed, but nothing could be found
There was nothing left behind them, nowhere that I could find them
No fingerprints or crumbs on the ground.

The Ninjas are deadly and silent
They're also unspeakably violent
They speak Japanese, they do whatever they please
And sometimes they vacation in Ireland.

The Ninjas are deadly and silent
They're also unspeakably violent
They speak Japanese, they do whatever they please
And if you tear off their masks they'll be smiling.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I really don't know what your point here is, frankly.

The first link is to a book by Ron Collins where he consistently can't even spell the terms correctly, and is widely considered and acknowledged to have nothing to do with any historical systems (Ninjutsu or otherwise) whatsoever, save for the misappropriation of the Omoto Ryu name.

You then link two lists which give extinct arts names as well as the few extant ones. Are you showing us where Ron's group stole the Omoto name from?

Showing that there was a system called the Omoto Ryu does nothing for the credibility of the system currently taught under that name when the current one bears no resemblance to anything even remotely related to the systems that do exist from that period in history in Japan. And no, I'm not even talking about the legit Ninjutsu system here, I'm talking about the extant Koryu systems, and the traits that identify where the art came from. Ron's group is completely lacking in anything that would give any credence.

Once again, you'll need to find better arguments. These have no weight to them whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ronin, anyone can claim to be teaching from a "dead ryu"

They just steal the name and say "hey I am teaching so and so...." or they say "We are reconstructing this ryu from books and scrolls"

But what you really should ask is... Who taught/passed the system down to them? Or a list of their lineage. If that cannot be provided, please stop bothering showing us every person who is claiming to teach dead Ninjutsu ryu.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually Tanaka, I'm teaching Koga Ryu.

Where did I learn? Uh. Um. Its a secret. My master said I cannot tell or he will send other ninja after me to pull out my toenails.

What do you mean why does it look like Wing Chung? Didn't know know that ninjitsu comes from China, and that there were ninja in Korea too? Duh.

Well, sure our main weapon is a fencing foil. Ninja's learned to use whatever weapons were available and they stole those from the Dutch when they came over to Japan to trade guns.

Oh, those Escrima sticks and the Kali moves? Well, you know one ninja got his hand-bo broken in half once and thats why our ryu has those...

I'll sell you my home study course for 14.95 ok? It teaches the secrets of the kuji. Just make the Check out to An-shoe Zombie

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I asked my sensei, and he clarified it for me. It was essentially as I thought.

Koga ryu (singular) ninjutsu is a specific ryuha which died (for all we know) with Fujita Seiko.
Koga ryu (plural) ninpo are the elements in our ninpo curriculum which originate from ryuha associated with the Koga region.

In other words: the information on the website was perfectly valid and correct, and does not mean that Tanemura sensei has learned Koga ryu ninjutsu. And indeed, it is not listed among the systems Soke ever trained in.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
What...?!

I give a sensible, logical and clear answer, and suddenly this thread dies?
No 'I see, you were right all along'?
No 'Perhaps I was a bit hasty'?
No 'Maybe it would indeed be good to do a bit more homework before making bold statements'?

Ah well. At least the Genbukan Koga ryu argument has died :)

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry gents, Mr. Kim is legit! I took a look at one of his books and on page 14 he's teaching me the forbidden fire-air finger technique which you can use to kill enemies through solid walls. Once I get my kills up enough I'm gonna see if he can teach me the Spirit Bomb and Kamehameha techs as well...

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry gents, Mr. Kim is legit! I took a look at one of his books and on page 14 he's teaching me the forbidden fire-air finger technique which you can use to kill enemies through solid walls. Once I get my kills up enough I'm gonna see if he can teach me the Spirit Bomb and Kamehameha techs as well...

Nice man. Very nice :D

Just don't train too hard or you'll blow up a planet and for some reason time will dialate, making 5 minutes last 3 hours.... or 7 episodes.

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score

Pfft, beginner. I already have my black belt in ninjitsu, proving Ashida Kim is legit. I think it took me all of a few minutes to earn it, too. That's how good of a teacher he is...

5344462949_fb2974f800.jpg

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Pfft, beginner. I already have my black belt in ninjitsu, proving Ashida Kim is legit. I think it took me all of a few minutes to earn it, too. That's how good of a teacher he is...

I think you misunderstood... I may be new to Mr. Kim's school of training but I have a black belt of the n^th degree in Dux Ryu. I'm so high up that I can't disclose the exact grade or show anyone who is not part of the school my certificates lest their heads explode. Plus I have in my possession a complete hand subbed copy of the anime Basilisk which is the ONLY true and accurate account of the IGA and KOGA ninjas from back when they were x-men rejects who could fly and were mutants. Nyah!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ashida Kim and Frank Dux? Yeah right, neither of them even have any tails*, they'll never be able to power up past SS3 or go all Golden Ozaru when they flip out.

Cos ninjas flip out. All the time. And kill, like, hundreds of people. Especially pirates.

*(Not to mention neither of them are named after vegetables or have, AFAIK, ever summoned wish-granting dragons on multiple planets... Pfffft. who hasn't done that?)

Brussel Sprout out.

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wow,

So I came back to this forum to see if maybe anyone has posted any info and just as I suspected its full of BS...

Good bye Martial Talk and good riddance!