Ninjutsu Everywhere!!!

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Im trying to find as many small orginzations in ninjutsu to exammine and gather as much info as possible, Im looking for little dojos and small groups. Not the Kans...

Any suggestions???

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi,

I notice in your Meet and Greet post that you state you direct/operate a Ninjutsu training dojo. Can I ask what you are refering to there, if it is not one of the 'kans?

With regard to the above post, not really sure what you're after there. Are you after the less-legit (Neo-Ninja) groups? Honestly, if you are, the info is not going to actually be much to do with actual Ninjutsu, the Kan's and the various split offs from them are going to be your best source.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't really know what to answer. Are you referring to legitimate kan offshoots (like the organization which Chris Parker belongs to) or the made up systems like dux-ryu, *******, kung maki ung, and people like Ashida Kim, Choson Ninja, Charles Burgess, ...

Because over here we hold the position that if there is NO verifiable and credible link to an authentic Japanese ninjutsu ryuha, it is NOT ninjutsu. So any discussion which would hinge on this fact is moot if that cannot be established.

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was under the impression this was for General Ninjutsu discussions, Ive got a small project Im working on independently to find all there is out there.. Im very aware of all the Tew ryu, Dux ryu, Ashida Kim and Chosen... Which to be honest I like the Chosen guy.... Im not to worried about the Big-Kans due to all the back and fourth debate as to who's who and what's what.. I study the teachings of all that are teaching... I think the whole picture is great and a mystery in it self,

Simply put if there is a guy you know of, teaching a Ninjutsu style or running a Dojo, Im simply looking for a little info on them..

Please try not to read into this to much its really simple...

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes certainly Sir,

I organized a small dojo dedicated to learning and spreading Ninjutsu... I was a Bujinkan member and Im a To-shin-Do Student. My students are fully aware of my history, I claim nothing other than what I am.. A Student of Nin.

Our Ryu is doing just what ninja or bushi alike would do... Gather Info...

Thanks for your Response.. I look forward to any Info you may have..

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Because over here we hold the position that if there is NO verifiable and credible link to an authentic Japanese ninjutsu ryuha, it is NOT ninjutsu. So any discussion which would hinge on this fact is moot if that cannot be established.

Where can I go or where would you suggest that people can establish this type of discussion??

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest you spend a few minutes reading the stickied threads at the top of this forum. Some of your questions may be answered there. I've looked at your website; it seems that your own training includes the Bujinkan and Toshindo, but that you've chosen to go your own route since them.

MartialTalk isn't some sort of super arbiter of what is or isn't ninjutsu or any other art -- but we've also learned (very often, the hard way) that if we don't hold to some sort of standard for the definition, nothing good comes of it.

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Once again to specify, Im simply looking for anything I may have not seen or found myself.. Im simply looking for the names and info of small groups that are training in Ninjutsu.. Ive read the stickies and ive read the posting for newbies and all that... Im interested in finding back woods groups like mine.. its nothing else...

If you must know Im working towards producing a documentary on the American Ninja Movements.. So people like Rick Tew, Frank Dux Ect are people Ive researched... Its to simply dig deeper into Mask that Ninjutsu has created for itself..

I figure joining this forum would be fun but so far its kinda Sketchy..

Good day.

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow.. This is not turning out at all...

I'm sorry if my question came off as aggressive or attacking, it was merely founded in curiosity. At least based on the fact that you replied in another thread, you've come across our school :)

Might I ask though what you're going to do with this listing of other "back woods groups"? I know you mention doing a documentary on American Ninjutsu, what sort of doco is it? Are you fraud busting or praising or just acknowledging and exploring their existence and/or origins? Again I'm asking this for my own personal interest only and not to deride you in any way so please don't take offense.

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Might I ask though what you're going to do with this listing of other "back woods groups"? I know you mention doing a documentary on American Ninjutsu, what sort of doco is it? Are you fraud busting or praising or just acknowledging and exploring their existence and/or origins? Again I'm asking this for my own personal interest only and not to deride you in any way so please don't take offense.

Sure Thing Supra!!

Im starting an investigative online documentary on the American Ninjutsu Movements.. Yes, Im mostly exploring, Doing a little bit of praising.. well for the ones not sharing complete craziness..
As far as Back woods.. Im simply looking for anything to help get some more content.. Im still in the investigative portions of doc.
To be honest with you.. it wasn't panning out do to the lack of interest in Ninjutsu in my area so I decided to hit the Internet!!!!

So far this is the first forum Ive joined.. However I feel its a little pushy here at times... Ive had a lot of site hits though so that's good lol!!

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't say that.. I didn't know about Charles Burgges, Lol...

He made an appearance on budoseek, trying to convince Don Roley that he had learned the 9 schools of the Bujinkan, as well as a formerly unknown ninjutsu ryuha. His supposed sensei would have been the training partner of Takamatsu sensei, and the extra ryuha came from within the family. He was allowed to learn in a way that was suspiciously similar to the movie 'Bloodsport'.

After being thoroughly debunked (his story was full of holes) the forum admin was going to be the referee, and Charles would provide proof (pics, contact information for the relatives of his sensei) to him. And then Charles went incommunicando for good.

We are on this forum to discuss ninjutsu, and that includes the kans, their legitimate offshoots, historical information, etc... But we are not going to be '1 big happy family with mutual respect for all' when it comes to the people making up their own ninjutsu system. That would be like slapping a Bordeaux label on an inferior bottle of Beaujolais and saying that it is Bordeaux because you feel it is the same. It is not. Even if we would ignore the quality side of the discussion, it simply would not fulfill the requirements for carrying that label.

Now as for legitimate non-kan organizations: there are not that many represented here. Not because we would have something against them (we don't) but simply because they represent only a relatively small fraction of the total number of people who practice anything that can legitimately be called ninjutsu. Most of those are fairly small organizations as well and seem to stay away from discussion forums.

For example, I know of hikokuryan which is headed by a guy who was in the Bujinkan for quite a while. So that would qualify him as legit. Otoh I would also like to know why he feels he is qualified to be 'grandmaster' at his very young age, and why there is not a single mention of his lineage on his website.

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
We are on this forum to discuss ninjutsu, and that includes the kans, their legitimate offshoots, historical information, etc... But we are not going to be '1 big happy family with mutual respect for all' when it comes to the people making up their own ninjutsu system. That would be like slapping a Bordeaux label on an inferior bottle of Beaujolais and saying that it is Bordeaux because you feel it is the same. It is not. Even if we would ignore the quality side of the discussion, it simply would not fulfill the requirements for carrying that label.

Now as for legitimate non-kan organizations: there are not that many represented here. Not because we would have something against them (we don't) but simply because they represent only a relatively small fraction of the total number of people who practice anything that can legitimately be called ninjutsu. Most of those are fairly small organizations as well and seem to stay away from discussion forums.

Sure I can understand where you come from.. I stick to Bujinkan and Toshindo personally..I guess my broad view differs.. I pay no mind to the people setting up there own Dojos and so on.. I simply choose not to join them.. however if they claim they are ninjutsu Id like to see it, Perhaps play into there ideas but thats about it... I like that people have there own flavors if you will...

And as for all that Bordaux stuff I have no idea what you are talking about... I assume its an alcoholic drink or something, I don't drink.. Its terrible on your body..

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bordeaux is a wine. Personally I don't drink wine but most people know it and understand that gluing a fake label to a bottle does not change the contents, and people who are interested in the real deal have nothing good to say about people who fake it.

I've said it before: people who start their own fake ninjutsu systems like Frank Dux may very well be able to fight, and their students may kick my *** every given day of the week and twice on sunday. I do not contest that. But what they do is not ninjutsu.

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've said it before: people who start their own fake ninjutsu systems like Frank Dux may very well be able to fight, and their students may kick my *** every given day of the week and twice on sunday. I do not contest that. But what they do is not ninjutsu.

Sure man!!
Im glad Ive got your full opinion on the matter...

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sure man!!
Im glad Ive got your full opinion on the matter...

I may be completely out of line here and I'm not trying to speak for anyone but myself but to be honest Jon I think you will find that's most people's opinion on this board. People here take their respective art/s very very seriously and especially with Ninjutsu stick to strict standards. I think of the forum as a purist's paradise and that helps me decide what I'm going to post/ask.

Apologies to anyone else who may have read that as me speaking for you or putting words in your mouth. My personal view only.

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I may be completely out of line here and I'm not trying to speak for anyone but myself but to be honest Jon I think you will find that's most people's opinion on this board. People here take their respective art/s very very seriously and especially with Ninjutsu stick to strict standards. I think of the forum as a purist's paradise and that helps me decide what I'm going to post/ask.

Apologies to anyone else who may have read that as me speaking for you or putting words in your mouth. My personal view only.

I respect your thoughts, Thank you!