Newest black belt on the block!

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys, not been posting here for a couple of months due to a long holiday and a house move. I've got connected internet wise now and last week I got graded so I'm now a black belt. Its took me a few yrs but I'm quite pleased. I went to buy a belt and couldn't stop grinning in the shop which was a bit embarrassing but ah well!

Been quite cool lately because I've found what I always wanted to happen, techniques seem to flow without thinking nowadays which I've fopund quite cool. Had to do some teaching and get a bit of a whacking about in the middle with my instructor and lots of other things on the day, i wasn't told what was happening til i was given the grade at the end of the class, but I had a bit of an idea what was happening about halfway through the lesson. Didn't have time to think about it too much as it was an intense class so it didn't worry me too much. We've just had a few white belts join the class so now they're going to be looking at me like I know what i'm doing next lesson, not sure how i feel about that!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yaaay!!!!!!

Congrats, Swiftpete!! Excellent job! Don't worry about the white belts...you have the perfect opportunity to remind them that a black belt is not the end of the journey, and that there is always more to learn and new ways to grow. :)

YAAAAAAY TO MT's Newest Black Belt!!!!!

:highfive: :pirate2: :cheers: :partyon:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congradulations..Wear it proudly....

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats! It's a big milestone and you should be proud!

Jeff

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swiftpete---great news!!

Now the fun really begins, eh? :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats!!:ultracool Keep up the hard work!!!

Mike

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!! Black belt is where it really starts to get interesting.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Congrats! Be humble,loyal, and a good person...always help others,especially your classmates.

You now carry a big responsablility and ROLE MODEL...become an excellant one for others to follow.

Growing up means being humble,honest,kind,helpful and lots of patience!

Being mature is self-control of temper and others. As a black belt...your life will change a little....train hard....best wishes here to you....Aloha

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats, Pete.

Now the real learning begins...

As for there being a boatload of white belts, take this as a great opportunity to improve as a teacher. After all, anyone who can count to 10 can teach the experienced folks, and look pretty darn good at doing it, while it takes a good teaching ability to teach white belts.

Shinzu

White Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
congrats my friend. i know the feeling!! awesome!! :)

our definition of black belt : Mastery, Dignity, Serenity, & Truth.

it is an honor to have you among us!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations and glad to see you again, swiftpete!

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
icon14.gif

Well Done!

OP
swiftpete

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, nice to see so many congrats handed out. I guess everybody can probably remember what it was like when they got theirs. Well the first session with my gleaming new belt is tonight and I'm looking forward to it! Although I'll probably rue those words when I hit the deck for the umpteenth time and see my instructor standing above me without a hair out of place. Oof. In my class as a grading 'present' you're demo dummy for the next class. Usually we take it in turns, tonight the honour of getting pounded, choked, locked and other general painful and unpleasant things is all mine for 2 long hours...ooooh!

Fuzzy Foot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Excellent! Always remember what it took to get there and never take it for granted. Intellectually, it is a symbol of accomplishment and the belt itself is unimportant. Emotionally, I never get tired of putting it on.

Latest Discussions