New WTF sparring rules

J

JanneM

Mithios said:
yes, the Taeguk poomse replaced the Palgue, but the Palgue's were brought back a few years ago( middle to late 90's) They are legal for rank advancement and in W.T.F./U.S.T.U.(USA T.K.D.) poomse competitions etc.
First I was not talking about local rules of the national member organizations.
Second I was not talking about poomsae competition. Also in Finnish taekwondo federation poomsae competitions allow palgwe poomsae.
Third WTF does not have anything to say about requirements for promotion tests (there was a brief moment in history when WTF granted dan grades but it was years a go and only for some years). Although WTF requires that competitor has Kukkiwon dan grade and to get a Kukkiwon dan grade you must know all the taeguks. If you do not know the taeguk forms and you still have a Kukkiwon diploma. Well I think you should think if you really are the grade it says on the paper.

Disclamer: I do NOT judge anybodys tecnical abilitys nor am I judging the way you practise. I eaven am not judging your grades but never the less I am trying to say if you have diploma from Kukkiwon you should know the Kukkiwon curriculumn

If there is a moderator around. I think we could make this line a new subjekt.

J

Jim Tindell

I don't know any of the Taeguk forms, and I still have a Kukkiwon certificate.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
JanneM said:
If there is a moderator around. I think we could make this line a new subjekt.

Perhaps you might start another thread under this topic as you have realized, it has gotten away from the original topic. :) TW

Latest Discussions