New to EPAK

Nutbar

White Belt
Reaction score
I am currently a white belt in Ed Parker's American Kenpo. I am studying under Lee Wedlake and am new to these forums. How goes it?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy the forum!:ultracool

Mike

OP
N

Nutbar

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks! I've heard some pretty good things about Mr. Wedlake.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aloha and welcome to MT and EPAK. I hop eyou enjoy your Journey. Stop to smell the roses every once in a while. Take advantage of working with Mr. Wedlake. Not all of us have direct lines to Seniors like that.

V/R

Rick

OP
N

Nutbar

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome. Before taking Kenpo I researched Lee Wedlake and found out he has ben at Kenpo for a long time. What are your thoughts on him?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My thoughts are that you are lucky to have such an instructor in class all the time. He's a man with a lot of kenpo knowledge and quite respectable. I look forward to seeing him next month.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nutbar said:
I am currently a white belt in Ed Parker's American Kenpo. I am studying under Lee Wedlake and am new to these forums. How goes it?

Welcome to the forum. Tell Mr. Wedlake, Zoran says hello!

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT and I think you made a good choice for an instructor. Just curious, did you have others to choose from?

Steve

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT and you begining your journey in Kenpo

OP
N

Nutbar

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I did have others to choose from. A man in Bonita Springs, Fl. His name is Barry P something, I can't remember the last name too well. I researched Lee Wedlake and made my decision, choosing him.

Rich_Hale

Green Belt
Reaction score
In 1984 we moved from Anchorage, Alaska to Ojai, California. When we got here I purchased a studio in Ventura and settled into teaching, and getting to know, our new students. Some were experienced and some were not, but they all had a story to tell of their training in Kenpo.

As I got to know the student's one of them says to me that he studied Kenpo once a long time ago, but didn't stick with it. He liked his teacher, but at the time he just didn't have the time or the interest to keep going.

So I asked him who he teacher was, in the chance I may have heard of him, and he says "Ed Parker". You could have knocked me over with a feather.

You find yourself in a similar situation, although there will never be another "Ed Parker" Lee Wedlake is a teacher of the highest caliber and you're fortunate to have come across him.

Congratulations, you are well on your way.

Latest Discussions