New problem accessing MT

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What's stumped me is I can't find a reason that really makes sense. :(

I was just thinking about my previous post... I am not sure it is happening on my XPSP3 PC with IE8. I shall check it this week, after Christmas.

It is happening on the Win7 PCs with IE9 and the Chrome and FireFox issues are on the Win7 PC with IE9. I have a Win8 PC but it is not on the network yet, hopefully this week and I can then see if this happens on Win8

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well it happened on the XP PC running IE8 only worse

Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly
If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive
Yes/No

Just before 12:44 and then when I hit yes stop running the script and tried to mouse scroll to the top of the page it hit me again at 12:45 and 12:49 in the Don’t send him back to us thread

Except in XP with IE8 I was dead in the water and had to shut down IE to get out. IE went White screen at 12:49 so I closed it down

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Without knowing what scripts causing the issues I can't track down my suspicions.
I think you're having an issue with one of the ad servers. I can block it if I know which one it is.
I don't think it's a core-script because I'm not seeing any discussion of similar issues on the vB forum.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Interesting error today on my Windows 7 PC with a bit more power than the others I have been having problems on

Trying to post and it froze up and I let IE recover the page and I got this

"Internet Explore has modified the page to prevent cross scripting"

Just thought you might want to know

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Keep me posted. I moved you back into the trial SM group. Let me know if that's better.

Some of the ads pull from Googles network. I think 1 of them is the culprit but can't pin it down to block.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Interesting

Got the supporting member trial and things got worse…fast... at home and at work, it was virtually impossible to post without multiple refreshes and logins. Got a lot of running script issues

I then made it so MT was only viewed through compatibility viewer and things got better at home. I have gone this route before and it did nothing, but I think that was without the trial membership.

As for work, I am not looking at it as a problem from MT at this time since we have an issue with our network that we are trying to figure out. Absolutely everyone in the enterprise is running slow which is a bit of a surprise to us since we are running CAT5e and CAT6 for our gig to the desktop. We discovered some interesting traffic last week some of which tells us we have some users watching movies on the web at work as well as a few other things that I cannot talk about.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had an issue today in that I go to reply to a thread. Fill out my post then clip on the post button and everything freezes. Inevitably I have to go to a new browser and do it all over to get to post.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have had an issue today in that I go to reply to a thread. Fill out my post then clip on the post button and everything freezes. Inevitably I have to go to a new browser and do it all over to get to post.

That is pretty much the trouble I am having and it you wait long enough you may get the same script error I have been getting

Sometimes to post I had to go advanced, I could not do any quick reply. THis time I had to put MT in teh compatibility viewer and that seems to have made this happen much less

On the menu bar

Tools
Compatability View settings
Add "MartialTalk.com"

That helped a lot as a trial supporting member but as the average guy that just showed up one day and paid nothing it did not make any difference.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The challenge for me is, I can't duplicate the problem. I see nothing in the logs either. So being unable to do much to help is, frustrating, to me. We're probably moving to a new server in the next few months. That may help things somewhat.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The challenge for me is, I can't duplicate the problem. I see nothing in the logs either. So being unable to do much to help is, frustrating, to me. We're probably moving to a new server in the next few months. That may help things somewhat.

I hate when that happens :D

I have run into this in a few support issues before and it is damn frustrating and I am sorry about this

My favorite was dealing with FEMA software...if you can avoid dealing with thier support.... bay all means do. If you can't avoid it...avoid it anyway..they will not help you.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely somewhere, some how there is an issue. However, if you cannot duplicate it then you really can't fix it. It may be that MartialTalk is just so big that there is an occasional glitch!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way that the folks experiencing this can do some sort of activity dump like a crash log that might show Bob what's up? Or am I just showing exactly how clueless I am?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way that the folks experiencing this can do some sort of activity dump like a crash log that might show Bob what's up? Or am I just showing exactly how clueless I am?

Probably not clueless but probably more than I can handle on my end. Remember you working with the computer illiterate when it comes to behind the scenes stuff! (at least for me but probably not for Xue)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I need a time, a page, your IP address so I can check the logs (MT is so busy it generates gigs of logfiles)
If you can tell me which script, even better.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Now it is hitting me using IE 10

Error message: "A script on this page

I ran Mr. Fixit, which generally does not fix anything, butI will see what it does

Thread: FBI Issue alert on IE vulnerabilities

Happening right around 8:30pm EST 5/17/2013

Latest Discussions