New problem accessing MT

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I post and then try and navigate away, the page freezes and I cannot do anything except close the page

I am getting this error

martialtalk.com is not responding due to a long-running script

Win 7/Office 2010/IE9

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I sometimes get that at work (heavily firewalled) with IE for some sites (I don't access MT from there), but not at home with Firefox.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
12/08/2012 @ 20:01 to 20:02

Same error popped up 3 times after I posted in the so your not a blackbelt thread.

All 3 times I had to click the "Stop Script" button on thte error 2 times to close it.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
same thing as above at approximately 10:20 on 12/10/2012 when trying to get out of "Doing other martial arts while learning Tai Chi Quan?" after posting

At home

And to make things worse, next week ro the week after I get to test this with Windows 8 and Office 2010, possibly 2013.

I will have 3 PCs and a Mac on my desk.....happy happy joy joy.... I can hardly wait

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Lightweight :D

SCO 3.1.5 DMS, SCO 4.3.0 DMS, SCO 5.0.0 DMS, Windows XP PC running virtual machines for DMS and SCP targets, MEB DMS and recent laptop for all my Office, Zenon SCADA and mobile computing needs :lol:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
:chuckles: Lightweight :D

SCO 3.1.5 DMS, SCO 4.3.0 DMS, SCO 5.0.0 DMS, Windows XP PC running virtual machines for DMS and SCP targets, MEB DMS and recent laptop for all my Office, Zenon SCADA and mobile computing needs :lol:

Oh so that's how its gonna be huh....:uhyeah:

All three PCs also run or will be running (once I build the Win8 box) VDI. One is also dealing with the anti-virus sever and both are dealing with Print services, one from an XP perspective and the other from a Win7 perspective and we are not going that way with WIndows 8..yet. A new anti-virus server is coming in addition due to OS diffences. A Mac laptop and a PC laptop and there is more but my security side is already telling me I have said to much

So there :D

I also have a ghost server that is independant of all of that but I have already said to much

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:grins: We have the same troubles with having to keep 'legacy' OS platforms up and running way past their use by date :nods:.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, with Firefox, if you are running NoScript you should be able to block them.
Not sure about a similar app under Chrome, Safari or IE.

Still digging....

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
:grins: We have the same troubles with having to keep 'legacy' OS platforms up and running way past their use by date :nods:.

We are looking to get rid of XP soon but there are going to be legacy apps no matter what our lead developer tells us. We have also come to the conclusion that most userssdo not need the power of a PC with all there installed software so we are looking into a couple VDI solutions. And I hope we go that way, it wodl make administration a lot easier.

We are also going to, once again, upgrade all of our Macs to some other big cat named software ASAP.

The joys of IT

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ok, with Firefox, if you are running NoScript you should be able to block them.
Not sure about a similar app under Chrome, Safari or IE.

Still digging....

I have not tried it with any browser other than IE and I do have sript debugging disabled on my home PCs and Work PCs

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You guys think you have problems? I can never go directly to KenpoTalk from my facebook. I click on KenpoTalk and I think my computer actually laughs. :(

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
8:51
The sun and climate change thread

Same error when I tried to scroll to the top of the page 4 times

I was able to hit the back button to get off the page

I have been sick all week so I found myself back here for some bit of entertainment since all I could do was sit in a chair

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still happening but it seems to only happen after I post and then try and scroll back up to the top of the page

Sounds like it's tied into something about how your browser is storing the page after you post... I know I'm saying that wrong, but hopefully you see what I mean.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds like it's tied into something about how your browser is storing the page after you post... I know I'm saying that wrong, but hopefully you see what I mean.

If it were only the laptop at home I would say possibly it was my browser but it happens at home and on all 3 work PCs so I am covering XPSP3, Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise, IE8, IE9 and I have had issues with FireFox and Chrome too. It was just FireFox and Chrome did not alert me to a long running script, they just froze up and told me nothing, also 2 entirely different networks with different security systems and issues wireless and wired

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's stumped me is I can't find a reason that really makes sense. :(

Latest Discussions