New member says hello

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've been lurking here for ~ two weeks now and I just decided to join. I'm not sure how much I can contribute but I've really enjoyed reading the discussions that you all have. Thanks for allowing me that opportunity.

I have been practicing Taijutsu for about 9 months now and I really enjoy it. In fact, I love it far more than I anticipated I would when I started. I had been watching my son take Taijutsu for many years and he earned his black belt this last spring. This inspired my wife to start and I quickly followed their example. I had reservations about being physically capable of doing martial arts due to lower back and knee issues. Just looking at someone doing Ichimonju was painful for me ;-). Anyways, I figured I'd try it because I could use the physical exercise and it also seemed like a good thing to do with my family. It has been successful in both regards. In fact, my lower back feels ten years younger! I find Taijutsu far more fun to do than to watch but doing it has led to an appreciation for watching it as well.

I want to warn you that I'm a very poor speller. I used to excuse it by saying that poor spelling was a mark of a creative mind (I read that somewhere). My new excuse is that I use it to confuse the NSA. Yes, I'm paranoid.

alien.gif

I'm looking forward to spending some time together.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy your stay!:ultracool

Mike

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :wavey:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

I want to warn you that I'm a very poor speller.
Sure you are! :boing2: Just like you're a poor writer! :wink1:

I'm looking forward to spending some time together.

Look forward to reading your posts. Got a feeling you'll have some quality insights to share. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

OP
Shuto

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey Drac. I assume you're referring to Cleveland Ohio. I waS born and raised in that part of the Universe but I'm an expat now. How's the weather? ;-)

Latest Discussions